iOS Mastering App comparison (inc. Auria)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tarekith
Expert

Re: iOS Mastering App comparison (inc. Auria)

Post by Tarekith » Fri May 16, 2014 9:39 pm

I can talk mastering stuff all day. Well, except today. Just bought a Maschine Studio, time to unplug the router :)

jsol
Expert

Post by jsol » Fri May 16, 2014 9:57 pm

That's a great buy! I'm sure you'll be busy for a while. Have fun with your new purchase and most importantly, make some great music! :P

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat May 17, 2014 9:55 am

Hi, I am working on a tutorial video on mastering a track with Final Touch as well as a complete series of everything to do with Auria. My YouTube channel viewers have been asking me to do this for some time now so that time is now. I moved from my sailboat after living aboard it for 23 yrs. iI purchased a small cottage home in Feb for me and my two dogs Buddy & Benjamin so my A.I.R. Studio is in a private room. As for stereo widening in Final Touch or any other plugin of the same effect is used sparingly to widen a mix that was too center focused and the widener ( which is a phase delay effect ) will help to lessen that mix structure. You can use any plugin to it's maximum in which then the plugin really lives up to the word effect but by using them very minimally but more of them they become surgical tools for your audio. So try to use Final Touch and Auria's mastering plugins in very small amounts when they are being used for mastering. In general if you are making adjustments that exceed 2-3 db +|- than you are no longer mastering but rather mixing the song again which you really don't want to do at this stage of the project, cheers and look for my new series at http://www.youtube.com/anthonyalves1
Cheers ~~_/)~~~*

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Sat May 17, 2014 2:16 pm

Hi Anthony,

Best wishes and success for your upcoming move to your new house.
I hope you'll enjoy it and be happy to call it your home.

I'm looking forward for your videos.
It's great learning from you.

Thanks,
Shay

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat May 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Thanks for the article Tarekith, some really useful insights into both apps (which I happen to have).

Having the opinion of an experienced mastering engineer on these tools is great!

Looking forward to other tips or insights you have regarding Auria and plugins you may do.

You may be interesting in my own Auria produced project:

http://michaeltingle.bandcamp.com/album ... f-kitara-2

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Sat May 17, 2014 7:12 pm

Cool thread. I used audio mastering before final touch came out. It definitely got the job done and while I was happy when multi band compression was added in an update the interface just started getting a little crowded and distracting, I think it needs to be a better medium between the basic mode and non basic in the setting. Overall I like the work flow of final touch better, and I really like having the option to have a pre and post eq plus being able to arrange the modules how ever I like and speaking of the modules the fact that you can save either an over all mastering preset or a preset for each individual module is pretty handy. they both have things the other doesn't but as far as sound you can get the job done with either but for me I was sold by the smoother workflow and interface of final touch.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac