Aux Pre and Post Fader

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jg707
Expert

Aux Pre and Post Fader

Post by jg707 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:13 pm

This may be something I'm missing, but I can't seem to get the Aux sends to act Post Fader. I am using them on two different Sub channels that both need to be faded in, but the even with those Sub faders all the way off, the sound still comes through Auxes at the Master. I've tried setting the Auxes to both Pre and Post Fader to see if it made any difference, but it doesn't change anything....

Is it something I'm doing wrong? :?
Thanks!

mtingle
Expert

Re: Aux Pre and Post Fader

Post by mtingle » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:57 pm

as far as I'm aware it's only the fader volume that is pre or post. The aux's are fed before any plugin processing from the track.

It's a much needed feature IMO to be able to control where in the signal chain the aux's are fed from. Perhaps time for the mixer to get some TLC before the MIDI update? :wink:

jg707
Expert

Post by jg707 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:02 pm

From what I could tell by playing with it, changing the selection of Aux pre or Post Fader made no difference to anything. From the manual and the desciription within the app, it would appear that this should change the assignment of the Aux to either Pre or Post fader, just like on any mixing desk, but it doesn't appear to do anything... :?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Works fine for me here. Here's what I did to test:

1. Create a new project
2. Add one audio track (stereo)
3. Add ClassicVerb to the AUX 1 slot
4. Turn up the AUX1 knob on track 1
5. Press play.

By default, this project is post fader. If I turn down the fader on track 1, the reverb gets quieter as well.

Then, I do this:

1. Open the settings page
2. Go to Mixer
3. Switch AUX 1 to Pre Fader

Rewind, press play. Now It doesn't matter where I have my fader set on track 1 - the reverb is still heard at the same volume.

Rim

jg707
Expert

Post by jg707 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:49 pm

Thanks Rim! What happens for me is what you illustrated as "Pre Fader" whether I have it Pre or Post Fader...

Now, that said, I should point out I am doing this with a Sub channel. Does that make a difference?