Fabfilter plugins: 40% off sale until April 24th

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Markie4eyezz
Expert

Re: Fabfilter plugins: 40% off sale until April 24th

Post by Markie4eyezz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Thank you all and apologies for whoever thread I have hijacked with questions
I think I'm gonna go for pro q and Saturn for the cost of around £20

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Saturn is great and there is not an included option with auria that duplicates it. Saturn can get some really amazing sounds.

CommaHead

Post by CommaHead » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Rats! I thought "through April 24th" and the email and website for Fabfilter saying "until April 25th" meant I would still be able to pick up ProQ now at 40% off. Looks like I missed out, it was listed at full price when I went to buy an hour ago :| I don't suppose it's an error and I'll only pay sale price if I continue?

While I'm here whining, I might as well ask a question I've been mulling over; could the pro-mb stand in for a pro-q and pro-c combo? Sorry if that question is completely misguided, but I'm asking as a budget conscious newb to expensive (I know it's worse in Desktop land!) plugins l :wink:

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:12 pm

CommaHead wrote:Rats! I thought "through April 24th" and the email and website for Fabfilter saying "until April 25th" meant I would still be able to pick up ProQ now at 40% off. Looks like I missed out, it was listed at full price when I went to buy an hour ago :| I don't suppose it's an error and I'll only pay sale price if I continue?

While I'm here whining, I might as well ask a question I've been mulling over; could the pro-mb stand in for a pro-q and pro-c combo? Sorry if that question is completely misguided, but I'm asking as a budget conscious newb to expensive (I know it's worse in Desktop land!) plugins l :wink:

The discount price won't show up until you select the plug for purchase at which point a
confirmation pop- up window will appear with the discounted price- I just checked and the sale
is still on at least in my time zone (u.s. pacific) Pro Q is a very handy tool you'll love it!
Best jp

robdiaz44

Post by robdiaz44 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:29 pm

The email I received from Wavelabs stated that the sale would run "through April 24". I went to purchase Pro-DS this afternoon (4/24 at 4:30pm Pacific Standard Time) and it was back to the original price.?.? Did I miss something?

3340s

Post by 3340s » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:05 pm

I'm on the East Coast and I just bought a fabfilter plug-in at the lower price. It doesn't show you
the discount until you confirm your purchase.

ToggleSmith

Post by ToggleSmith » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:01 pm

A week ago I purchased two Fabfilter plugins at the sale price. Yesterday, April 24 (9:30 PM, pst) I was going to buy three more and discovered that the discount price was not applied when I got to the last step before confirming the transaction.
I am not really familier with ios purchases that are on sale in the app store, but have made many purchase of sale items for my Apple and PC daw applications. Typically, regular daw software sales continue through the final day of the sale until midnight. I cancelled the transaction and decided that at least for now, to hold off until a specific need arises for a particular ios Fabfilter app. Not to be an ingrate, I am very appreciate of the Pro-Q and Pro-DS that I purchased at the sale price.

note - the sale announcement did state "through April 24"

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:45 pm

Unfortunately, Apple decides what "April 24th" means. As a developer, we simply enter in a date range, and Apple calculates what that means for every region. Also, web propagation delays mean that some regions end earlier than others. It's one of the side effects of selling through the Apple system

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:00 am

AST=Apple Standard Time, which seems just as mysterious as everything else they do. In some respects, Apple is quite Orwellian.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:14 am

supanorton wrote:AST=Apple Standard Time, which seems just as mysterious as everything else they do. In some respects, Apple is quite Orwellian.

Understatement of the century. :D :lol: :P

For such a hip innovative company, Apple do some seriously strange shit. Their proprietary grip on 3rd party software aside, the fact that iTunes is perhaps the clunkiest piece of shit software interface in existence is the perfect example of the paradox that is Apple.
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."