Fabfilter plugins: 40% off sale until April 24th

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

richardyot
Expert

Fabfilter plugins: 40% off sale until April 24th

Post by richardyot » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:20 am

I'm surprised this news hasn't been posted here yet :)

Many of you will probably already know this from the Audiobus forum, but for those people who aren't regulars there: all Fabfilter plugins are on sale to celebrate their 10th anniversary. I took the opportunity to grab Pro MB at 40% off the regular price, I already own all the others :)

You can see the discount from within the Auria store, and at those prices the plugins are bargains.

Shay
Expert

Re: Fabfilter plugins: 40% off sale until April 24th

Post by Shay » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:35 am

I also grabbed pro MB after seeing it in AB forum.
Now I have all thier plugins, which I use frequently.

Great you posted here so others may enjoy it.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:41 am

Thanks for he heads-up, Richard :D Thanks to this discount and the wonderful massive IAP sale last Christmas, I'm now in the same happy position as Shay. 'Appy days! 8)

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:13 am

Yep very Appy
Just purchased pro MB ALSO 8)

sealpt
Expert

Post by sealpt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:18 am

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. Which one of these plug-ins are the best ones to get? I've heard the Saturn one is similar to a harmonic maximizer, is that true?

Shawn

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 am

sealpt wrote:Thanks for the heads up on the sale. Which one of these plug-ins are the best ones to get? I've heard the Saturn one is similar to a harmonic maximizer, is that true?

Shawn
Can't comment on the harmonic maximiser comparison, but Saturn is very versatile: I have used it to add a subtle bit of colour to vocals, or to distort guitars :)

The only ones I haven't really used are the de-esser (my vocals aren't sibilant, so I haven't needed it) and Volcano. The others are all extremely useful. I would particularly recommend Pro Q, it's pretty much essential.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:33 am

Pro-L is also Great
They are all very good 8)

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:23 am

As I look at the sale, I realize I don't need any of them that I don't have, but for the person who recommended pro-q, I highly recommend that. If you only bought one optional plugin, sale or not, that's the one I'd say is pretty essential. The built in eq is good at what it does, but pro-q really serves a different purpose. And Saturn is awesome too. I look at the limiter, pro mb, and pro-c and realize they are things I already have covered. Multiband compression has ruined many a sound in my hands...although it could double as a de-esser which I do need...stop talking me into it ;-)

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:08 am

Thank you for the heads-up, Richard! :D

I just picked up Pro-MB, Saturn, Timeless, and Volcano2. (I already have Pro-L and Pro-Q.) I had considered DS as well; however, I would expect MB to handle de·essing quite well. Am I off base here? :?:

EDIT: I felt the same way about not going for Pro-C. I figure MB already "has it in there." (And I already have PSP oldTimer and Vintage Warmer.) Am I missing something here as well? :?: Decisions, decisions....... :?

"COUNTER-EDIT:" Pro-C has a lot of parameters to provide serious control of program-dependent material...so I grabbed it...and Pro-G as well! :lol:

Best regards,

Mike
Last edited by MikeDee on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sealpt
Expert

Post by sealpt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:07 am

How long is this sale? The Pro-L I want to get still says $23.99 USD! Is that the sale price?

Shawn

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:12 am

Yes...UIAM, the "retail" price of Pro-L is $39.99; therefore, the 40%-discounted sale price posted in the Auria Store = $23.99.

Mike

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:26 am

That's awesome cause i really want the Pri-L.How is this one pushing the things to the limit (cpu wise)?How does its usage compare to - say - Pro-C or Saturn (or any other except pro DS,which i don't have).
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

jadmorffier
Expert

Post by jadmorffier » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:37 am

While the sale is still on what would be the best plugin's to get for a vocalist? As a noob I am still unfamiliar with what does what but I do love pressing button and turning knobs to see what they do. :D
Whatever is but might not be is dependent on what is and cannot not be.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:32 am

jadmorffier wrote:While the sale is still on what would be the best plugin's to get for a vocalist? As a noob I am still unfamiliar with what does what but I do love pressing button and turning knobs to see what they do. :D
ProQ and ProC will probably be the most useful on vocals, since you are always going to need some EQ and compression on vocal tracks. If your vocal takes have problems with sibilance then Pro DS could also be useful, although in my case it's the only one of all the Fabfilter plugins I never use.

Also Pro G is pretty useful for taming microphone hiss.

I do also use Saturn on vocals to add a tiny bit of distortion, but that's entirely a personal and subjective choice.

jadmorffier
Expert

Post by jadmorffier » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:55 pm

richardyot wrote: ProQ and ProC will probably be the most useful on vocals, since you are always going to need some EQ and compression on vocal tracks. If your vocal takes have problems with sibilance then Pro DS could also be useful, although in my case it's the only one of all the Fabfilter plugins I never use.

Also Pro G is pretty useful for taming microphone hiss.

I do also use Saturn on vocals to add a tiny bit of distortion, but that's entirely a personal and subjective choice.
Thanks for that. Very helpful. I already have ProQ and was contemplating both ProC and Saturn. I'm just gonna have to get more iTunes credit and get them both I think. :)
Whatever is but might not be is dependent on what is and cannot not be.