Creating more space/memory

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Fire theft

Creating more space/memory

Post by Fire theft » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:22 pm

I recently e-mailed a recording to a buddy of mine and he received it w no problems.however I tried emailing another thing I recorded and it wouldn't send,it said I had low memory.all other apps were closed.i erased a bunch of apps and emails and it didn't seem to do anything.the upper right hand corner where the battery/space percent reads 100 battery and 25 percent space.my question is how can I increase the space percentage and also how can I delete the prior "mixdowns" I had to do in order to email projects.im not to savy when it comes to my ipad so I don't know if I need to do anything in the ipad settings menu or what.any info would b greatly appreciated.thanks.peas

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Creating more space/memory

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:13 pm

Was it saying you had low memory, or low disk space?

Rim

Fire theft

Post by Fire theft » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:58 pm

It says low memory.....I just erased more apps I don't use and I'm up to 29 percent space.do u know how much space u need fr like a bass track or two.its not like I'm emailing a song w a bunch of tracks.i deleted more apps a sec ago and now I'm at 34 space.its like this.......batt.100 space 34.........CPU 9 mem 108mb and it fluctuates.cpu 9 disc 0 and max CPU 9-10 it fluctuates too and max disc 0.........I have no idea whats goin on.......obviously,,,help.thanks.peas

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:38 pm

If it said low memory, that actually has nothing to do with disk space. They are two different things:

Memory is what your apps use WHILE they are running. Once you close an app, it doesn't use memory any more. But keep in mind that to close an app, you need to double-tap on the home button, then swipe the app upwards. Simply pressing once on the home button doesn't close the app. It just suspends it.

Disk space is the amount of space your apps use permanently. If you have a 16GB iPad, then you only have 16GB of disk space your apps can take up. If you need more room, you delete apps.

Hope this helps.
Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Actually, on a 16gb iPad you have about 13gb of space, so it gets challenging to keep enough free. But as Rim said, that's disk space, not ram (the low memory is a ram warning). You do need some free disk space as well for apps to function at their best.