Syncing Auria with other Apps

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jg707
Expert

Syncing Auria with other Apps

Post by jg707 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:26 am

I’m needing some assistance here. Kind of a long description, so please bear with me…

I’m using Auria as my primary DAW, but as it doesn’t yet have MIDI sequencing (hint ..hint...WaveLabs!), I am also using BM2 for virtual tracks, as I am not the best keyboardist, but I am running into an issue syncing them.

I usually start with guitar, bass and drums (DrumPerfect) as the basic tracks, with maybe a scratch vocal, on Auria. Then I will start working on keyboard tracks, piano, organ etc.. on BM2. Both programs work great alone, but I can only sync BM2 and Auria if Auria is the Master and BM2 is the Slave (BM2 only sends MTC and Auria will only slave to MMC.)

That’s fine when I’m recording on to Auria tracks, but when I want to record sequencing tracks on BM2, it won’t go into record mode if it’s syncing as a Slave. So that means I always have to start with BM2, which isn’t always the best way for me to get the results I’m looking for. Most of my keyboard tracks are coloring for the final project.

So my question is, has anyone been able to get BM2 to be the Master in sync with Auria? If not, does anyone have a suggestion for a sequencing app that uses MMC, so that Auria will be the Slave?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Strizbiz
Expert

Re: Syncing Auria with other Apps

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:57 pm

Well Auria has settings for midi that let's you enable it to receive MTC, MMC and Midi clock but I've never gotten it to slave to anything for the most part. I once got it to slave to Funkbox but Funkbox is an step sequencer with a maximum of 16 steps and no song arrangement so it wasn't all that great. To be honest Auria does everything else great but anything midi related usually ends up being a vibe killer for me. I love the drum machine sampler in Beatmaker2 but I've been doing all my midi sequencing in Cubasis for the last month and I like a lot better than sequencing in Beatmaker2. I haven't tried to slave it to Beatmaker 2 because I use Cubasis to record the midi info for the drum machine in Beatmaker 2.
Sometimes I'll record guitar and bass and other things in Auria, mix that down to a 2 track and import it into Cubasis, add midi parts and export track back to the Auria project
Other times I'll just record audio into Cubasis because I can auto punch in it then mix all the tracks down separately and import them all back into Auria.
Other times I'll just record synths straight to Auria un sequenced.
At the moment Both Cubasis and Auria lack things the other has and make up a complete Daw for me lol.
But I'm REALLY hoping when midi is finally added to Auria I'll be able to do everything in just Auria.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac