Hello from California

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rimshot51

Hello from California

Post by Rimshot51 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:41 pm

I purchased Auria yesterday and created a rough track of looped drums, electric and bass guitar (using Amplitube for iPad), and sang a vocal by singing real close to my iPad mic. After some EQ, gating and compression, it wasn't that bad!
I have a deep background in rock n'roll as a drummer, singer/songwriter, producer, film score composer and sound engineer. I use both Studio One and Sonar X3 for my main PC DAW.

Auria is giving me a way to capture my ideas and will also record live event and voice tutorials when I get the video system nailed. I saw how easy it was to export to DropBox. I had no problems importing Aurua wave files into my PC DAW. The accuracy of how the audio lined up between Auria and S1 was remarkable.

I am installing Steinberg's new UR-44 DAW interface on Tuesday and I can't wait to see how it performs with Auria. It should be awesome. I plan to record some small jazz group live with Auria and my iPad. There is much to learn about who long I can rexcored live at one instance as well as how much room I will need for the project storage for let's say an hour long concert. I have 2 new Rode M5's on their way to help with orchestral and choir recording.

Sorry for going on but the bottom line is that Auria is truly a wonderful tool. Who would have imagined that something as sleek as an iPad could record super audio and also offer so many extras to help us edit?

I just started but hope to learn Auria fully. I also purchased Drumagog for it and have lots to learn there as well. I use an iPad 2 so I am hoping it will not take up all my system resources.

Thanks for the opportunity to say hi. All the best to everyone.

Rimshot51
Rimshot51

Auria, Drumagog, Studio One 2.6, Sonar Producer X3, Cubasis, Cubase AI, GarageBand, Notion, Zoom R24, UR-44, Axiom 64, WIndows 7 64, Equator D5's, NanoPatch, Alesis MICTUBE Duo, Behringer B1, Shure SM57, and Rhodes M5's mics.

Bob Amser
Expert

Re: Hello from California

Post by Bob Amser » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:00 am

It is great, glad you've discovered that :D

I've recorded a 50 minute session and Auria didn't break sweat. An hour should be no problem.

Welcome to the club - I warn you, Auria is addictive :lol:

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

Rimshot51

Post by Rimshot51 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:45 pm

Much thanks Bob!
Rimshot51

Auria, Drumagog, Studio One 2.6, Sonar Producer X3, Cubasis, Cubase AI, GarageBand, Notion, Zoom R24, UR-44, Axiom 64, WIndows 7 64, Equator D5's, NanoPatch, Alesis MICTUBE Duo, Behringer B1, Shure SM57, and Rhodes M5's mics.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:18 pm

Greetings from Sydney Australia!

I recorded a full night's set of solo covers last friday, 4 hours all up. I just paused Auria when I took a break and pressed play when I started the next set. Ran perfectly with not a single glitch. A truly awesome development for the working/recording musician.

Just wish it was around when I was coming up.....still, learning to cut and splice hard edits as well as crossfades on 2" and 1/4" tape is a skill I cherish to this day (even if it never gets used anymore)..:)
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."