ETA on MIDI integration?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

DaveB
Expert

Re: ETA on MIDI integration?

Post by DaveB » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:45 am

DrowningForest wrote:Hi
Its now nearly a year since I invested in Auria. I am becoming increasingly irritated waiting on midi sequencer implementation. I think a year is quite a long time for people who've invested in a product and it still hasnt appearred. I have no problems with In App purchases so the extra cost isnt an issue.
You paid for Auria without midi and you still have Auria without midi, plus a years worth of updates. So no one owes you anything that you don't already have. Relax it'll be ready when it's ready.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Its now nearly a year since I invested in Auria. I am becoming increasingly irritated waiting on midi sequencer implementation. I think a year is quite a long time for people who've invested in a product and it still hasnt appearred. I have no problems with In App purchases so the extra cost isnt an issue.
So how're you off for chocolates and ice cream?
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

sELF
Expert

Post by sELF » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:28 pm

We all look forward to the update. No need for anyone to be too upset either way. I now have the 'fun' of learning to use Cubasis for my midi needs. Till that 'magic day' arrives... :D Anyhow, I think I might need to update my iPad when that happens. I can already max out my iPad Air, with Fabfilter Pro MB and not much more! :roll:

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:51 pm

DaveB wrote:
You paid for Auria without midi and you still have Auria without midi, plus a years worth of updates. So no one owes you anything that you don't already have. Relax it'll be ready when it's ready.
DaveB.... No need to be a complete d%#k.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

DaveB
Expert

Post by DaveB » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Strizbiz wrote:
DaveB wrote:
But I am a Duck quack quack. I was simply putting his complaint into perspective for him. I'm not the one resorting to name calling either so let's move along now.

Lionshare

Post by Lionshare » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:16 pm

DaveB wrote:I was simply putting his complaint into perspective for him.
Exactly! Of course it would be very nice to have MIDI as well. No question about that.
It's promised that it will come some day, so just be patient.
Don't make all the mistakes yourself. Give your collegues a chance as well.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:50 pm

You paid for Auria without midi and you still have Auria without midi, plus a years worth of updates. So no one owes you anything that you don't already have. Relax it'll be ready when it's ready.[/quote]

DaveB.... No need to be a complete d%#k.[/quote]

But I am a Duck quack quack. I was simply putting his complaint into perspective for him. I'm not the one resorting to name calling either so let's move along now.[/quote]

I'm sorry, I had no idea you were actually invoked in the coding process or had an actual useful information regarding when there will actually be a midi sequencer in Auria. Oh, that's right you don't. FYI , telling him " so no one owes you anything" was spoken like a d%#k.... Now you move along.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm afraid that Midi won't make it this year :(
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:01 am

I'm only really curious now as to what Auria's midi intergration will bring that Is different than what I can do already with the many midi apps that I use in conjunction with Auria. Auria's strengths come from the very amazing plugins from the pro's. I use these too sculpture my synths to new hieghts. I apply delays, filters and Volcano and others to take a basic midi tracked instrument and turn it into an amazing new fresh sound. I feel that I can track on any app that I want and as long as that track ends up in Auria for mixing, I'm very satisfied with the midi apps and IAA plugins I am using now. The only thing I am curious about is will I get some synths from the Fabfilter or FXPANSION as those are not available on the app store so that like Auria's plugins bwcome unique to Auria. If Auria only allows me midi control over IAA synths or core midi than that is not so unique and is already been done. Since Auria's midi has been such a tease and well talked ablout in this forum there may have been some people who purchaed Auria with the thought that it's midi would be available very soon and these people where probably led to believe this because of us. What we should be telling every new user is what Auria can already do to your midi tracks and how only if synths and drums from the pro plugin creators are made available to Auria as an IAP, will Auria's midi be new. It will also have to run smoothly side by side of it's audio and not task the iPad to it's knees. So there is plenty of work that is being done right now with Auria and midi tracks from other apps and I look forward to adding another midi option to my A.I.R.Studio when Auria's midi arrives. Cheers.
~~_/)~~~*

papertiger
Expert

Post by papertiger » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:15 am

Anthony Alves wrote:I'm only really curious now as to what Auria's midi intergration will bring that Is different than what I can do already with the many midi apps that I use in conjunction with Auria.
you've answered your own question -- you said "in conjunction with" not "in" Auria.

Using Cubasis, for example, alongside Auria stinks. Cubasis is a full-blown DAW on iOS and you can't turn off the audio engine, etc. so that it's "just" a MIDI sequencer (and hopefully lighter on the CPU). I love piano roll editing in general since I'm coming from desktop DAWs (Cubase, Logic, Ableton, etc.), but having to go to another app is inconvenient. Having even a half-way decent piano roll MIDI editor inside of Auria would be fantastic. But, I'm expecting a lot more. If Rim does even half of what he has done for editing Audio for MIDI, I will be a very happy camper. Even using Gadget, which has a fantastic MIDI editor, with Auria would be inconvenient (but of course, you can't anyway...).

Yes, you can use Genome, MidiSequencer, Thesys to sequence an instrument and record the audio in Auria, but none of those apps replace a good piano roll editor so that you can edit and experiment with MIDI data/sequences rather than going to audio right away. (Yes, I know Genome has a piano roll but I find that app incredibly obtuse).

DaveB
Expert

Post by DaveB » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:32 am

Strizbiz wrote:You paid for Auria without midi and you still have Auria without midi, plus a years worth of updates. So no one owes you anything that you don't already have. Relax it'll be ready when it's ready.
But I am a Duck quack quack. I was simply putting his complaint into perspective for him. I'm not the one resorting to name calling either so let's move along now.
I'm sorry, I had no idea you were actually invoked in the coding process or had an actual useful information regarding when there will actually be a midi sequencer in Auria. Oh, that's right you don't. FYI , telling him " so no one owes you anything" was spoken like a d%#k.... Now you move along.
I don't understand why you continue to call me a duck? I suppose I'll take it as a compliment though. Did you know that ducks are one of the only animals that can effectively walk, swim and fly?

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:59 am

I always include a funny animal fact when I send clients their masters, just to provide a light chuckle.

Thanks for helping me to find a new one!

DaveB
Expert

Post by DaveB » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:19 am

Tarekith wrote:I always include a funny animal fact when I send clients their masters, just to provide a light chuckle.

Thanks for helping me to find a new one!

Glad I could help :)

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Sorry that you misunderstood my meaning of in conjunction with Auria. I do my midi work without Auria up and running. i tend to work on my midi tracks seperately then import the completed midi tracks into Auria for mixing. And like I said just because midi is inside of Auria doen't nessesarily mean it won't be as taxing on the cpu as running a midi app with Auria. I personally use Multitrack Studio for iPad ( he makes a PC version too) which has midi editing to the 9s and your beloved piano roll editor. I even record my audio tracks there too and just import it all into Auria. And my question as to what Auria will bring to the iPad midi editing world that I don't already have won't be answered until Auria's midi arrives. So until then the question as to how much better Auria will be than my other midi apps will remain unanswered. I'm simply posting this here to let Auria users know that there are alternatives if midi is needed now in thier workflow.

papertiger
Expert

Post by papertiger » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:Sorry that you misunderstood my meaning of in conjunction with Auria. I do my midi work without Auria up and running. i tend to work on my midi tracks seperately then import the completed midi tracks into Auria for mixing. And like I said just because midi is inside of Auria doen't nessesarily mean it won't be as taxing on the cpu as running a midi app with Auria. I personally use Multitrack Studio for iPad ( he makes a PC version too) which has midi editing to the 9s and your beloved piano roll editor. I even record my audio tracks there too and just import it all into Auria. And my question as to what Auria will bring to the iPad midi editing world that I don't already have won't be answered until Auria's midi arrives. So until then the question as to how much better Auria will be than my other midi apps will remain unanswered. I'm simply posting this here to let Auria users know that there are alternatives if midi is needed now in thier workflow.
For sure, it's not the end of the world -- there are ways to work with MIDI and Auria even though the latter doesn't have MIDI yet. I simply have not had a rosy experience (probably because I prefer a workflow where MIDI and audio are in the same app). I actually have Multitrack Studio for iPad, but my initial enthusiasm for the app has waned.

I'm very excited at the possibilities of what a committed developer like Rim will be bringing to the table MIDI-wise to Auria. So I will continue to wait...as patiently as I am able. :lol: