ETA on MIDI integration?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

instinctive
Expert

Re: ETA on MIDI integration?

Post by instinctive » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:58 am

:D :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :P :!:

Bob Amser
Expert

Post by Bob Amser » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Does this mean that I'll be able to trigger drum samples from my midi drum kit? If so, you'll make this particular drummer very happy :lol: :D :)

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi bob, i was under the impression that one could connect a midi drumkit via cck, and a powered hub.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-9U5ez0BYQY

Bob Amser
Expert

Post by Bob Amser » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:00 am

Yup - I have no problems connecting the kit and I currently use SampleTank, but it's not without it's hassles and it would be nice being able to do it within Auria.

Being able to do it multi track would be the dream as it opens up the possibility of using Drumagog.

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Would love built in virtual instruments. I got Cubasis about a week ago and have to admit I like having built in virtual instruments even if just for placeholders. As much as I like to take my time with some songs at other times I like to bang out a quick idea. Audiobus bus changed the game but I find myself using it less and less and choosing to use inter app audio for synths and drums. Built in midi instruments would be a very welcome option.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

sELF
Expert

Post by sELF » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:05 pm

Hey. I can't believe midi isn't here yet. Not wanting to pressure anybody though. But, what with the Cubasis and Gadget updates arriving...I want to stay in house, in Auria. But, I'm in need of midi sequencing! Any latest ETA? Have I missed any news? Help :roll:

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:51 am

as many built in VSTi's as possible please. Connecting to IAA's and audiobus is a big issue when it comes to integrity, backup and recall of projects. Plus the workflow is that much smoother.

sELF
Expert

Post by sELF » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Rim...? I know they say buy Cubasis for now, it's good etc. But, just tell me the midi update is on its way, and I'll think twice about it. Such a fan of Auria, its sound quality and more 8)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:16 pm

I don't have any more news to share about the date, other than it's coming...

Rim

sELF
Expert

Post by sELF » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:05 pm

Okay. Thanks for the prompt reply Rim. I guess, temporarily, I'll have to overcome my prejudice towards Steinberg :D Best of luck with what must be a mammoth undertaking!

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:09 pm

As for me, I won't resort to any half-baked solutions - already have iOS GarageBand, for that matter - and hope that Auria doesn't become itself a half-baked tool in this particular area, so I'll repeat what I said elsewhere: take all the time you need, Rim, and come up with something that live up to the standards Auria has already achieved in the Audio field. I want full MIDI support as badly as the next guy, but I want it Auria-full, not, say, Cubasis-full, so I'm quite okay if the developing team decide not to rush things.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:11 am

@theconnactic , I hear you but you cant really complain about Garageband... for a $5 app you get a lot, and Cubasis is far from half baked. In some ways Auria is better than Cubasis and in some ways Cubasis is better than Auria. Cubasis actually has more tracks, more effects built in, and though some would say not the best, if you know what youre doing you can do great things with them, but it also has IAA and audiobus so you can use third party fx , synths and other apps, and it has MIDI!!!! I was on the fence about it after some reviews I read but I went for it and Im glad I did. There are time when I just need audio only and Auria is fine, but there are times when I absolutely need midi and no offense, it could be months and months before we see a sequencer in Auria. Hopefully not but we could be having this conversation a year from now, anyone who deosnt really need midi should feel free to wait it out but if you need midi Cubasis has my vote.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:01 am

More tracks but poor effects, automation and editing! MIDI, but an implementation inferior to even the $5 GarageBand! No offense, but if one's workflow can tolerate going back and forth with Audiobus for effects and sounds, might as well tolerate using a dedicated MIDI sequencer via Audiobus. Just saying, because that's what I currently do.

Auria offers desktop-grade audio edition, with allows me to use it reliably to record and edit live gigs without carrying around my Mac with PT or Logic Pro! Cubasis doesn't even begin to be up to this task. If it's supposed to have MIDI as well - and I can guarantee I need MIDI as much as you - I expect nothing less than desktop-level MIDI edition. That's why I'm okay with waiting, and using Audiobus and dedicated sequencers in the mean time, inelegant a solution as it is.

All the best!

sELF
Expert

Post by sELF » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:09 pm

@theconnatic ..In fact, for now, I simply wanted a midi real time recorder for AB. But, could only find step sequencers. Although I hear on iPadMusician, on FB, that one is coming soon. I caved in and bought Cubasis. I hope any audio recording I do in there will be solid, before I transfer into Auria! And the midi thing, I'm still exploring. No Fabfilter = an unfinished track in my current opinion :mrgreen: What sequencer are you using in AB by the way?

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:00 pm