Auria SOOO sluggish

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

actualproof
Expert

Re: Auria SOOO sluggish

Post by actualproof » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:24 am

Wonderin' the same thing here.i know code monkeys give out dates about as often as they give out diamond rings, but the most recent thing that could be accused of being an actual ship date would be the recent "late February, early march" we got a few weeks ago... Well, here we are fellas, and I don't see no code no where!! Where are the Bettas Spendarens?

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:39 am

I was wondering this myself, because even with the most forgiving math, "early March" would be over the day after tomorrow ;-) But I can wait if the update is what I think it will be :)

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:41 am

Be patient, it's better to ship a little later if it means fewer bugs. Software development is not easy.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:00 am

Yes, if I were an accomplished, innovative and hugely talented dev I'd certainly be motivated by the moniker "code monkey" :wink:

actualproof
Expert

Post by actualproof » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:44 am

It's an absolute term of endearment. I'm surrounded by CMs 50 hours a week! We pick parasites off of one another and eat them.

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:28 am

I've been waiting for an update for MT DAW for over a year. The forum is dead. Posts go unanswered.
I've been waiting for SAWStudio to be updated since Nov 2011. The only thing forthcoming are lies.
I've been waiting for PreSonus to get some decent technical support and customer service and fix the 10's of serious bugs in Studio One since it came out. Instead I got reprimanded by their forum admins, and unpleasantness from the devs.

So I think that an Auria update being not yet late is a small problem.

I also agree that calling someone a 'code monkey' could be offensive. It depends how you take it. Like 'geek' or 'nerd'. How it's intended and how it's taken are two different things. Best avoided.

Dominic
Last edited by dominicperry on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:44 am

actualproof wrote:It's an absolute term of endearment. I'm surrounded by CMs 50 hours a week! We pick parasites off of one another and eat them.
<lol> Well that's an entirely different matter :lol: 8)