IMPORTING DM1 SONGS INTO AURIA

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rfigueir

IMPORTING DM1 SONGS INTO AURIA

Post by Rfigueir » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:13 pm

1 - How to: IMPORTING DM1 SONGS INTO AURIA.
2 - Can separate drum parts be imported into separate Auria tracks.
3 - How does drumagoge 5 fit into all this? Is drumagoge 5 simply a replacing drum sound for an existing drum sound to make it sound better? Why does it constantly say cpu overload when I try and insert a drumagoge drum?
4 - I am considering Quartet as the interface. Good idea or do you recommend another for Auria.
5 - After a song is completed, explain how to put it on iTunes so I can burn to a cd.

Overall I like this software. It has been 15 years since I recorded so getting back into it is an adventure. I have played around with your demos (mixing) and it has given me a good idea of its mixing power.

Next I acquired a dm1 and will create a song - drum track and export to auria and build from there. I will probably acquire the quartet as it seems to be pretty compatible with Auria.

Your thoughts?

Thanks much

RICK FIGUEIREDO
805-338-0032

Strizbiz
Expert

Re: IMPORTING DM1 SONGS INTO AURIA

Post by Strizbiz » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Export your Dm1 song into Dropbox ( select separated tracks) then import each track in Auria from your Dropbox

If you don't use drop box you can download it free from the AppStore and here's a link to the site

https://www.dropbox.com
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Rfigueir

Post by Rfigueir » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks. I eventually figured that out but now dm1 keeps on crashing on iPad air. Any ideas on other drum apps that work well with Auria.

Rfigueir

Post by Rfigueir » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:17 pm

Actually I think dm1 drums is exceptional. I still need to know why it crashes on ipad air. I have re-installed several times. The problem is the first launch. It keeps on closing. Then I reboot ipad and it works but sometimes crashes when in use. It may have to do with auria being open sometimes first but the problem is not consistently proportionate to this sequence.

rsf

rowboat

Post by rowboat » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:24 pm

DM1 crashes for me as well, iPad4 iOS7.1, I suspect it may have something to do with 7.1.
DM1 sounds very machine like, great if you want that '80's drum machine feel.

Currently using DrumPerfect instead which sounds excellent (real drums). I believe there is an interface update coming soon which will put all drum instrument beats on one page, simular to DM1.

Airyck
Expert

Post by Airyck » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:15 am

I was using DM1 pretty extensively last night without any crashes or glitches on a Mini Retina with 7.1
Not sure what's going there. I'm making custom kits with Audio/Copy Paste but mostly working with individual patterns not songs. Maybe you two could try and figure out a common thing you're doing. The developer was really quick to fix the Audio Copy/Paste bug I found (you could only Audio Paste one sound, when you tried to paste a second one it would replace the first one). I think the fix was up on the iTunes store within a week.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:25 pm

I'm still on an old ipad2 ( don't laugh lol ) and I've never had any issues with DM1 ( aside from the fact they still havent made it so you can choke the hi hit ) but I'm planning on an update soon, I hope it's not doing this with all newer models.

Maybe we should all harasse Akia into letting someone other then Retronyms develope Impc so they can stop blocking it from getting Audiobus and IAA output. Shame how they are ruining that app, it's has sooooo much potential.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac