Any thoughts on Z3TA+ for IOS ?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Strizbiz
Expert

Any thoughts on Z3TA+ for IOS ?

Post by Strizbiz » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Just wondering how others are feeling about the new Z3TA + for ipad app? I'm a sucker for anything that has IAA now so I got it a few days ago. IMO it's not bad, interface could use some tweaks but as far as the over all sound goes I kinda rate it in the middle in comparison to my other apps. From a scale from 1 to 10 I kinda feel like the sound engine is a 5.
Still I appreciate having another IAA synth I can open in Auria.

My synth app list is as follows.
ISEM
IMINI
NAVE
Animoog
IMS20
Ipolysix
Sunrizer
Magellan
Thor
Nlog pro
Sampletank
IGrand
Ielectric
Epic Synth ( don't sleep on this one. Lol )
Voice synth
Artic keys ( on the fence about going pro but it has IAA so lol)
Z3TA +
DXI
76 synthesizer
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

mrufino1
Expert

Re: Any thoughts on Z3TA+ for IOS ?

Post by mrufino1 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:02 pm

It looks cool, but my synth list looks very similar and I don't use many of them, so I'm not getting it yet. I realized this week I hadn't checked out Thor very thoroughly, and have been programming patches omit using the book "steal this sound," which is a cool book. The only thing I've come across that Thor can't do (and z3ta can) is the Gary Neumann patch that needs 3 lfo's, but other than that, it's covering all of the bases. The clips I've heard of z3ta do sound nice though.

starfugger
Expert

Re: Any thoughts on Z3TA+ for IOS ?

Post by starfugger » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:31 am

Mrufino, im thinking the same thing. Do i really need the newest shiny gadget when i havent even scratched the surface of the stuff that i already have? I computed the cost of my apps and i'm at over $600 usd on music stuff alone. But that z3ta looks really niiiice... Hmmmmm...

And of course that midi add on in auria is a no brainer ... If and when it does come. And audiobus2... And...