Praying for MIDI in auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Strizbiz
Expert

Re: Praying for MIDI in auria

Post by Strizbiz » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:46 pm

donovanjaymz wrote:One of the things that discourages me from using my iPad for serious music production is all this in-app audio and audiobus stuff. I hate flipping between apps! If Auria can reach a level where all the VSTi, MIDI sequencing, and recording options are self-contained, I'm sold. Until then, I will continue to sit on the sidelines and wait.
Lol, when you finally get in the game you're going to ask yourself why didn't you get in sooner?
Dude, I went from a 4 track, to an eight track, to a digital 8 track, to an HD recorder with a 48 track mixer, patchbay, tons of rack gear and synths and having to run this into that, to using a computer working in protools,digital performer,Logic to a MacBook , now on an ipad. Everything took an adjustment and getting used to. Audiobus took getting used to I admit, trying to stay in the groove while switching apps in and out was a challenge but I got used to it. But Audiobus was probably one of the biggest game changers for all of us.
IAA, is the even better. I still use audiobus but only for apps that lack IAA, and so many apps are getting on board I'm using Audiobus less and less. IAA is like your just using a plugin, simple as that.
Now getting back on topic, yes I'd love midi. Especially for doing drums. I'm going to love being able to sequence , I've been doing it for so long but to be honest not having it kinda made me realize I'd gotten a little sloppy by depending on it so much as far as quantizing goes. By not using it my playing has been more on point. I'm going to love midi in Auria but I'm going to make sure I don't get sloppy again lol.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac