How does latency setting effect usage?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

danfloun

How does latency setting effect usage?

Post by danfloun » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:49 am

Just wondering, I had to increase latency to get rid of the CPU Overload message.
What are the problems I may encounter increasing from increasing from 256 to 512, or 1000* to 4000* etc?

Thanks

BGR
Expert

Re: How does latency setting effect usage?

Post by BGR » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:06 am

Multitracking is a strong point for which software like Auria are designed for.

If you don't have a dedicated monitor output on your audio interface, the harder it will be sync the track(s) you recorded before to a current track you are trying to record.

The larger the buffer latency, the longer it would take for your signal to be monitored by the software.

Basically, the larger the buffer, the larger the delay will be from your live instrument input to the monitored output. An Echo. That will most probably impare your ability to sync your live playing -or singing- to the track(s) you recorded before.

Please someone correct me if this info is wrong.

danfloun

Re: How does latency setting effect usage?

Post by danfloun » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:10 am

BGR wrote:Multitracking is a strong point for which software like Auria are designed for.

If you don't have a dedicated monitor output on your audio interface, the harder it will be sync the track(s) you recorded before to a current track you are trying to record.

The larger the buffer latency, the longer it would take for your signal to be monitored by the software.

Basically, the larger the buffer, the larger the delay will be from your live instrument input to the monitored output. An Echo. That will most probably impare your ability to sync your live playing -or singing- to the track(s) you recorded before.

Please someone correct me if this info is wrong.
Thanks that's how understand it too.