Ipad 2 on IOS6 > Should I upgrade to IOS7?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

danfloun

Ipad 2 on IOS6 > Should I upgrade to IOS7?

Post by danfloun » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi,

First post, Hallo!

I've just purchased a Roland Capture Duo EX and am extremely happy with it. Sound quality is great and it functions very well with ipad 2 and Auria. There are a few times when Auria plays up but I think that is down to latency setting.

My question is; Is there any advantage in upgrading to the horrid IOS7, in terms of Auria performance, or should I stick with IOS6.

Thanks

Danny

supanorton
Expert

Re: Ipad 2 on IOS6 > Should I upgrade to IOS7?

Post by supanorton » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:31 pm

I'm on an iPad 2, and Auria is frustrating since upgrading to iOS 7. Hate it.

danfloun

Post by danfloun » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:08 pm

You have confirmed my suspicions.
Thanks

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:44 pm

I'm on an ipad2, I was already running iOS 7 when I got Auria but it's running fine for me, I'm curios now as to how it would run on 6. But IMO running 3rd party synth and apps via inter app audio is better than using audiobus. Not that I don't use audiobus for some ( only because all of them aren't on board with IAA yet ) but the ones that do run smoother, it's much more like using plugins that loading them in and out of audiobus. Running iOS 7 is worth it just to be able to use inter app audio.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:08 am

When I read that iOS 7.0.6 was released, I thought that maybe the bugs surrounding audio (e.g., IAA) would be fixed...but nøpe, it's pretty much an SSL-related security fix. (Lóòks like Apple has to deal with more of the same issues as M$, as iDevices and Macs, having become quite ubiquitous over the years, are being targeted by hackers more frequently.)

Anywayz...until it is confirmed that Auria's soon-to-be-released update works around iOS 7's quirkiness and bugginess (e.g., faster Editor screen redraws), I'll continue to live without IAA and a number of cøøl new apps. :/ Despite the low volume issue, I continue to be amazed by the awesome power of Auria. Keep up the gr8 work, Rim! :)

Best regards,

Mike