Record IAA effect into auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

Record IAA effect into auria

Post by mtingle » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:11 am

when your using an effect as an IAA on a track within Auria, for instance stereo designer. How do you print the audio into the track to make it permanent?

Probably a straightforward way to do this but I can't seem to work out an (easy) method.

TedBPhx
Expert

Re: Record IAA effect into auria

Post by TedBPhx » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:02 am

Route the output to a new track and record that? May be a simpler way but that works for me.

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Just solo that track and export/render the song, then drag that new render to a new track. Unfortunately we can't do intertrack routing in Auria, though I would love to see it.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Alternatively you can solo the track and then do a mixdown, at which point you will be offered the option of automatically importing the mixdown to a new track. Once that's done you can delete the original if you wish.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:58 pm

richardyot wrote:Alternatively you can solo the track and then do a mixdown, at which point you will be offered the option of automatically importing the mixdown to a new track. Once that's done you can delete the original if you wish.
Yes I think this is the way I'd thought it could be done. Was hoping for a kind of 'render in place' type function that updates the audio region with the effect added and free's up the plugin, all with a push of a button.

Feature request Rim?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Freezing a track does exactly what you're asking for - it prints the effect in place, then unloads it so it no longer takes CPU. Note: iOS doesn't fully unload an IAA after a host application removes it, but at least the CPU usage is reduced.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Rim wrote:Freezing a track does exactly what you're asking for - it prints the effect in place, then unloads it so it no longer takes CPU. Note: iOS doesn't fully unload an IAA after a host application removes it, but at least the CPU usage is reduced.

Rim
True but there's no more editing or region manipulation after freezing which is why I have never used it.

Shall stick to mixdown into project then delete the original for my purposes, long winded but worth it.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Tarekith wrote:Just solo that track and export/render the song, then drag that new render to a new track. Unfortunately we can't do intertrack routing in Auria, though I would love to see it.
So would I
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:28 am

When I use IAA with Bias, the effects do print. I'm in AudioBus and legacy modes. After I record a track, I have to unload the IAA or I get a double dose of the effect. I recorded a track last week with two guitars and a bass from Bias (each with its own amp); all three tracks printed the Bias amp effects. I'm not complaining, but it doesn't seem as if IAA should work that way. Forgive me if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but this was the only thread that came up in my search. Is this normal?
Last edited by supanorton on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:24 am

TedBPhx wrote:Route the output to a new track and record that? May be a simpler way but that works for me.
Can you explain this better? As far as I know that isn't possible in Auria.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac