Import loops from loopy so they can be duplicated crossfaded

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Renetik

Import loops from loopy so they can be duplicated crossfaded

Post by Renetik » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:20 am

I just want to try to finish track in auria instead of beatmaker and I am finding way to do simple thing , to not headr clicks when I duplicate loops in track from loopy . I loopy some crossfading is applied so loops are almost seamless but when I copy them to autria this is lost. So first option is to somehow crossfade it in Auria , but I dont see how this can be done with included crossfade function, it work probably for some other situations but when I duplicate loop like 30 times and want it seamless , how can this be done ? Other option I see is record directly by audiobbuss from loopy , then I will have to wait for each loop on each track to in full length like 6 minutes ? This seems stupid and waste of disk space... So how can I do crossfade on duplicated loop regions so they are seamless like in loopy ? Thank you.

PS my music: https://soundcloud.com/renetik

Washboy
Expert

Re: Import loops from loopy so they can be duplicated crossf

Post by Washboy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:41 am

@Renetik: I've just tried to replicate your issue but for me it works perfectly, without clicking.

I'm no Loopy expert so I've no idea if the user has any control of crossfade. With Auria there is control. Do you have auto-crossfade enabled (see Menu -> Settings -> General)? Also, what method are you using to replicate the AudioCopied loop? Are you setting the number of loop copies required in the AudioPaste dialog or are you pasting a single loop and then replicating it in Auria?

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:40 am

Hi, i also tried recording a section through midi, into audiobus, then trimmed start an end in auria, then duplicated the clip. I also got clicks. crossfading was so hard because i found that i had to stretch one clip a tad longer in order to crossfade. Will try autocrossfade.Thanks.

MrNezumi
Expert

Post by MrNezumi » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:42 am

Perhaps I'm not understanding this correctly, but I'm not seeing the need for crossfading here. I think you could just copy the loop from Loopy one time and then use fade in and fade out to get rid of the clicks. Once the audio segment is Auria enlarge the waveform to it's maximum, look to see the closest place the wave crosses the zero point and start your fade slightly before it. Chances are this will only be a very short distance and it will not be noticeable at all. Or you could use silence instead of a fade. This will keep your loop the exact same length, but will get rid of the click. The click is caused by the waveform being chopped off above or below the zero crosspoint. Eliminate that and your clicks will go away.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:28 pm

I've copied loops from loopy into Auria and copied them ( by dragging on the loop handles ) and haven't gotten clicks, although I would like to see some crossfade options. But what I do is make sure my Auria session is the same tempo as my loopy session. Another great tool is an app called twisted wave if you haven't seen it yet. It's a great stereo audio editor. Really good for tweaking loops and more.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac