Auria and DM1

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Doxastic

Auria and DM1

Post by Doxastic » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:34 pm

Hey! I'm new to Auria and DAW mixing on an iPad (hell... I'm new to computer mixing in general).

Can I send each "sound" from DM1 to Auria as an individual track? So the kick, snare, hi-hat, etc... are all their own track.

I keep trying but it sends everything as one track. And I don't want to build a beat, loop it and record each sound separately because I don't record to a metronome (I know, I know... but I don't like the energy of it. I like recording free, then adding the beat after).

Thanks!

Bob Amser
Expert

Re: Auria and DM1

Post by Bob Amser » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi,

Welcome to computer mixing. You chose a good place to start.

So far as I know, Dm1 doesn't export as individual tracks.

Don't worry about doing things the 'wrong' way, there is no such thing. If it works for you, it works for you.

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

Jo Torkel
Expert

Post by Jo Torkel » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:49 pm

This is how I do it:
in DM1 press Song - Export - Seperated tracks - drop box. You can then import each track from Dropbox to individual tracks in Auria: meny - import audio - dropbox .

God luck.

Jo

Doxastic

Post by Doxastic » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:12 pm

Jo Torkel wrote:This is how I do it:
in DM1 press Song - Export - Seperated tracks - drop box. You can then import each track from Dropbox to individual tracks in Auria: meny - import audio - dropbox .

God luck.

Jo
Ok.. so if I use Audiobus to play guitar that's on Auria, then record the drum loop for the whole 3:13 length of the song, I can just export it to dropbox, then import it to Auria?

Man... that seems like a lot of steps. I really just thought since Auria is busing in one track, it could do all of them.

Also, I've kind of tried this. But every time I hit record it start building a loop. And a looped beat won't work for me because the tempo changes as well as the time signature. I need to play the guitar and just match the drums to whatever it's doing.

So, can I record 3 minutes worth of drums in DM1 and export that? Or can it only export loops.

Jo Torkel
Expert

Post by Jo Torkel » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:31 pm

Sorry. I dont know if you can export seprate tracks without creating loops first.

Jo

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:45 pm

Auria doesn't currently support tempo changes within a project IIRC.

One way to approach it is similar to how Garageband does.
Each section is separated, so you could record all drum tracks for section A at tempo A, then open a new project at tempo B and repeat the procedure.
Definitely not the ideal way, and there are probably other ways that would work for you as well, but that's my take currently.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Doxastic

Post by Doxastic » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Thanks guys!

I think I'll just record each track separately into Auria. So I'll just have to hit the kick, then rerecord in Auria on a different track for the snare, then again for the hi-hat, etc...

It's just weird hitting just the kick by itself. Sometimes I forget the beat without everything in it.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:04 pm

Dm1. Actually does export all the files separately to drop box, just go to song tab and export all tracks separately , then go to Dropbox, select the file and hit the icon of the arrow pointing up then you will see an option that says " open in" and chose Auria. It's faster than playing each sound in and lining everything thing up. Another great app to own if you already don't is audioshare, there's a lot of useful functions , great for opening sound and songs from other apps in Auria and other app on the ipad.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac