Auria vs Auria LE?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

TrompetEWI

Auria vs Auria LE?

Post by TrompetEWI » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Greetings,

I've tried to find info on the difference between Auria & Auria LE? I am torn between Cubasis, Auria and LE.....I've seen some very disturbing comments about how sluggish Cubasis is with iOS 7. I do a lot of midi recording and editing, but having seen the powerful feature set in Auria, I'm very tempted to get it today. Down here in Mexico the price is 591 pesos ( about $45 US) while LE is about 315 pesos, so I need to know what features I would lose out on in LE,

Thanks so much!

Washboy
Expert

Re: Auria vs Auria LE?

Post by Washboy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:28 pm

http://auriaapp.com/Products/auria

Comparison table towards end.

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:19 pm

If you do a lot of midi, cubasis might be best for you. It is a pain to sequence midi with an external sequencer like genome and then run it into auria for audio recording, as well as it slows things down having so many apps open at the same time. If you're worried about sluggish response, don't be, because i find auria sluggish too (not bashing auria, just saying it according to my experience). Im on the ipad3. Of course i wouldn't have noticed how sluggish auria was till i fired up beatmaker2 and was astonished by how fast the interface response was: zooming, moving, cutting, etc was much much more effective in beatmaker2. I just hate bm2's layout. It's weird. But i was able to program midi into it and and send the output to instruments like alchemy, thumbjam, etc, and THEN back in as an audio input via audiobus. So don't discount BM just yet. I'm guessing cubasis can do more than bm2, but i can't comment on the sluggishness of the interface since i don't own it. almost bought it yesterday, but went with genome instead, which i regret. Remember, the thing with apps is that if you make a mistake, you'd probably end up buying the more expensive one in the first place, thus increasing your expense. So go for the one that you think you like best from the get go. I started with auria LE, bought the convolution reverb. And ended up buying the full version anyway, losing 5 usd in the process.

Auria excels best in mixing as the quality of the plug ins are top notch. There's nothing out there that can beat auria in this department.

Dmjbetz

Post by Dmjbetz » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:38 am

Hello anybody, I'm new to the Auria family. I got the LE and am looking to record some tunes for demo purposes. How do I get my recorded songs on disc? To iTunes? Any tips on mastering for a decent quality recording? I'm sure after some time I'll get more involved in everything Auria has to offer, but for now I'm looking to keep it simple. Acoustic guitar and vocals

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:38 pm

The mixdown section of the very well written manual starts on page 79.
Here's the link to the manual.
http://auriaapp.com/Support/auria-support

You can even export to DropBox or SoundCloud as well as a bunch of other options.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Dmjbetz

Post by Dmjbetz » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:26 pm

But how would you master the song? Compress everything?

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:25 am

The mastering chain is made up of several processors: stereo widener, multiband comp, eq, maximizer, harmonics, reverb, etc. as of the moment you can only slap on an eq, reverb, limiter, and maybe the psp warmer on the master bus. But available in the appstore is Audio Mastering which comes up as an iaa in auria, afaik. It has most everything but a multiband omp. Or you can wait for positive grid's mastering app which might be a mire robust mastering suite :)

Dmjbetz

Post by Dmjbetz » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:36 am

Thanks for the info. I have been playing for years,, but when it comes to recording I am clueless so please excuse my lack of knowledge. So what I've done is recorded 3 tracks-vocals, rhythm and lead guitar, so what is the next step to getting the song to disc?
I looked into the Audio Mastering app, which looks like what is needed. How do I get the song from Auria to Audio Mastering? And is there anything I should do before sending it to A.M. App? I don't see that option in the mix down window.
Also how do I get the song into my iTunes library?

I guess I'm looking to get the easiest ways of getting a decent sounding song onto disc for demo's and hand outs at shows.

Keep in mind I have the LE version, if the full app will simplify things in what I'm trying to achieve please tell me. Thanks :?: :?:

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:25 am

Gearslutz has a forum with great resources for recording from beginner to advanced. There are also a lot of very experienced people there willing to answer questions on just about anything related to music and recording.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Get the full version, if you get le, eventually you gonna get the full version and ask yourself why you didn't get it in the first place. Lol. Just trust me
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac