Irig and auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Fire theft

Irig and auria

Post by Fire theft » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:59 pm

I've been having trouble getting any output from my ipad to my irig to my headphones.ive set up a track and recorded nonsense and never heard a thing.the volume indicator is moving but I hear nothing so I know it's receiving my bass.when I stop the recording it's registered on the edit window but I can't listen to it back,,,it won't work.it does work however when I unplug my irig and go straight from my headphones to my ipad,then I can't hear what I recorded.i went to settings and switched microphone on to off and back again and that didn't work.i use the same set-up w my irig w garageband and never have a problem so I gotta b missing something.any suggestions would b greatly appreciated.im using an ipad 2
iOS 7.0.4 full auria full version
Last edited by Fire theft on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martygras
Expert

Re: Irig and auria

Post by martygras » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Hey Fire theft, welcome to the forums.
Well, you took my first guess which would have been the "Settings > Privacy > Microphone" switch. Just make sure it's set to on for all of your audio apps.

If you are using the original iRig that plugs into the headphone jack, I would strongly recommend getting an interface like the Griffin StudioConnect or similar audio interfaces. The improvement in sound quality alone will make it worth the money.

I'm sure others will chime in here, but it will help us if you can tell us:
which iPad and iOS you are using & also, are you using the full version of Auria or the LE version?
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Strizbiz
Expert

Re: Irig and auria

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:45 pm

I hate to brake the news to you but if you're using the original irig it's sooooooo bad for recording, especially with headphone. You just end up getting a ton of bleed from existing tracks , especially with headphones. If you send the irig 8th inch output to a mixer it's not as bad. I'd strongly recommend almost anything else for recording, griffin, apogee jam, or the irig HD. As far as not hearing sound, check setting and also check the input matrix in Auria and make sure the input is active.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac