CPU has pegged and I can't get it back down

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

wayni
Expert

CPU has pegged and I can't get it back down

Post by wayni » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:11 am

I have a project with 13 tracks. I've got Drumagog on all my drum parts, Saturn, Pro-Q, Pro-C on a few and AUXFX:Space in the Aux 1 slot. All of my tracks are frozen.

I'm trying to record a vocal. When I recorded it originally my CPU was at about 7%. THEN - I added Singaling into the insert as an IAA. Auria freaked a bit, I closed it and went back in and it registered the IAA ok but without sound. So I went in and turned Audiobus mode on to get the sound back. That did not work. I took it out completely, closed and went back into Auria. But now I can't get the CPU to go beneath 70%. And if I Rec Enable it is at 103%.

Also, I deleted the vocal track completely and took AUXFX:Space out as well. Still at 70%. Did a hard reset. All tracks are frozen.

I went into Audiobus after closing everything and the AB buffer was still at 4096. Cleared memory and it went to 512. Went back into Auria and my CPU is still at 71%. I even tried to load a snapshot to get back before this all started and nothing seems to work.

Luckily, I have all my audio files on dropbox and could start all over if need be although I would rather not do this, of course. Any ideas?

ajmack302
Expert

Re: CPU has pegged and I can't get it back down

Post by ajmack302 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:02 am

Hi wayni, if you are happy with the sound of your frozen tracks you could try mixing down some of the more CPU hungry ones (Drumagog, Saturn etc) to new tracks then either delete the originals or just temporarily un-insert the plugins. I've done this in the past to reduce CPU usage.
Hope this might help.

Aaron

wayni
Expert

Post by wayni » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:31 am

Thanks, Aaron.

I did create a new project, importing all of my tracked audio from the original project folder and re-setup all of my plugs. So I have pretty much duplicated it in its entirety other than loading up Singaling for vocal processing and adding Timeless2 on a synth track. I'm at about 12% CPU at this time. Tracks are frozen of course (except Timeless2). If I go back into the original project I am at 70% once more. Its almost as if Auria is still loading up Singaling or something equally as strange.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:59 am

When you freeze a track containing IAAs, Auria attempts to unload the IAA after it's done freezing. However, iOS doesn't really unload the IAA. We're not sure if this is a bug, or if iOS is just designed to do that In any case, it's still open in the background, taking up CPU. This is probably what you're seeing. The fact that it takes so much CPU is probably just the fact that this particular IAA is very CPU hungry. The solution is to freeze the track, then double tap on the home button and close Singaling.

Rim

wayni
Expert

Post by wayni » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:37 am

Thanks Rim. Singaling is gone. I unloaded it completely and then even deleted the track it used to lie on as well. The only thing that I haven't done was to unfreeze and remove all of my plugs which up to that point, and in the newer project I switched to, were behaving correctly. I'll do that as well just to investigate what is going on.