Headphone mix ??

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

John Platko

Re: Headphone mix ??

Post by John Platko » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:43 am

actualproof wrote:
scharamella wrote:
actualproof wrote:Please delete this thread. All it does is confuse for absolutely no reason.
I'm so sorry,
which part didn't you understnd ??
I didn't understand how someone could get that far into troubleshooting without realizing that the headphone jack and 30-pin port are not on the same side of the device.
I didn't realize that the headphone jack on the ipad could be independent from the headphone out on the istudio.

Can you use the headphone jack as an additional input too?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:23 am

No, and it's not recommended to ever use the headphone jack as an input. It's very low quality and has crosstalk.

Rim

John Platko

Post by John Platko » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:32 am

Rim wrote:No, and it's not recommended to ever use the headphone jack as an input. It's very low quality and has crosstalk.

Rim
Thanks.

scharamella
Expert

Post by scharamella » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:08 am

[quote=
I didn't understand how someone could get that far into troubleshooting without realizing that the headphone jack and 30-pin port are not on the same side of the device.[/quote]

Up until recently I've only considered the ipad useful for reading emails.
I use Macs with RME Madi & Firewire interfaces for audio recording or an X48 for the bigger gigs etc etc...
I had never up until the other day even bothered with the ipad earpiece & just assumed that when you use an external device for audio in/ out, that the internal hardware was not accessable to the app being used.

It's only since discovering AURIA that I've even entertained the idea of using the iPad professionally as an audio device.

The reason I was investigating the headphone mix thing is because a band who I recorded can't always get their keyboard player so I was going to suggest they use auria with the STEREO keys I've recorded... but replay a clean, controllable click out of it for the drummer.

Auria with either an Alesis or behringer idock thing, seems to be a really cheap, reliable & more importantly... small footprint (& investment) for a very professional solution.