Project auto-cleanup not working?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mjhiom86
Expert

Project auto-cleanup not working?

Post by mjhiom86 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:31 am

Hi, using a file management app, I can see that unused wav files from a project are not being deleted from my ipad air drive.

This is the case even after selecting this option, restarting, and then deleting audio from a project again.

I have also tried saving a copy of the project to a new destination within auria, and still all old wav files remain in the new folder.

With limited space, this would be a desirable function, in fact, if it ask you upon saving a copy of the project, if you would like to keep these unused files or delete, that would be even better I think.

Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Project auto-cleanup not working?

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:40 am

This is happening because your snapshots contain project versions which still use these wav files. If you don't need them any longer, you can either manually delete them using your file management app, or go into the snapshot menu, and delete your old snapshots, then perform an auto-cleanup.

Rim

mjhiom86
Expert

Post by mjhiom86 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:12 am

Perfect, that's cleaned it up nicely, thanks a lot!

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:37 pm

This is good info since I'm running into similar issues...but how do you perform an auto-cleanup?? Thanks

mjhiom86
Expert

Post by mjhiom86 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:41 pm

Menu, settings, 3rd option down! :D

mjhiom86
Expert

Post by mjhiom86 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Actually I have a jailbroken iPad with ifile so was able to go into the app folder and delete the snapshots once content with project!

But as well as the backup audio disappearing as desired, I now get a message saying, an error occurred which has automatically been fixed. Fine, but every time I open the project this is quite annoying..

Any suggestions anyone??

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:50 pm

That kind of message means that Auria detected an issue with your project while loading. This usually happens if the project got corrupted, or if audio files that the project needs are missing. You might have to redo the project if it keeps happening (or export to AAF format, then reimport into a new project).

Rim