Still no right signal when recording in stereo?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mjhiom86
Expert

Re: Still no right signal when recording in stereo?

Post by mjhiom86 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Yeah oplayerhd might be what I need, thanks washboy!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:09 pm

FYI, the iPad's headphone jack doesn't get disabled when using a USB interface. In fact, using the output matrix, you can route a completely separate mix to the iPad's headphone jack. This feature became available starting with iOS6, so I[m not sure if you have that.

Rim

mjhiom86
Expert

Post by mjhiom86 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:18 pm

Versatile stuff, excellent, nice one Rim! :wink:

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:00 am

Rim wrote:FYI, the iPad's headphone jack doesn't get disabled when using a USB interface. In fact, using the output matrix, you can route a completely separate mix to the iPad's headphone jack. This feature became available starting with iOS6, so I[m not sure if you have that.

Rim
Oops! I stand corrected, Rim :oops: I should have qualified my statement that it was how it appeared to me when I experimented. I simply used AudioShare to loop play some audio (i.e. audio output from a separate app) while I attempted to physically loop-back the headphone jack to a USB audio interface. I found that headphone/speaker output ceased as soon as I plugged in the USB interface. It seemed that the iPad's audio out was being routed automatically to the USB interface's audio out instead.

It's good to learn that Auria is able to route to the iPad's headphone jack. Does that mean it should indeed be possible to record another app's audio out into Auria using a loop-back cable from the iPad's headphone jack?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Interesting idea, I hadn't thought of that. I suppose this is possible.

Rim

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:56 pm

Ha ha the headphone loop back does work :shock: just tried it it works well but there is a but

Had to switch to legacy for it to work , had to also make sure the ipad was turned up fully before pressing record for maximum signal , and then also turn the slider down on the track being recorded otherwise it records the monitor signal as well which is a few ms's behind so makes the recording echoed but if the slider is down its fine
But the worst thing is its a blind recording because you r using the headphone out you can't hear nothing whilst recording

But it is a good idea and work round well it will certainly come n handy to me :wink: