Going to take the plunge, just have a few questions. Thanks

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

LEnrOd

Going to take the plunge, just have a few questions. Thanks

Post by LEnrOd » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi guys, i just have a few questions before i dive in and buy an iPad air and auria if poss.

Firstly i have a focusrite 18i8 which is i believe compatible, i was just wondering what the battery life is like on an iPad air, whilst running auria, from what ive read you can't charge the iPad whilst using auria (please correct me if im wrong) i can't see me needing to use it for more than 4 hours in 1 session and what ive read the air battery seems pretty good.

Il be mainly using it for recording my band at rehearsals using up to 4 mics for the drums, everything else will be overdubbed 1 mic at a time, or DI, I usually use a demo which i edit in logic with flexitime, beat detection etc on my very old macbook, so its locked in time (so the project tempo matches the region tempo) and then use this as a ghost track to record over (were all a bit thick and need a reference to record too haha), i was wondering if i did this in logic and uploaded it to auria would it keep the song locked in still, also would this be the case if i wanted to upload it back into logic if i wanted to carry on editing there.
Thats all for now, thanks.

Tarekith
Expert

Re: Going to take the plunge, just have a few questions. Tha

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:38 pm

From your usage, I think 4 hours is something you could probably do. Turn the screen brightness down, kill all other apps, airplane mode, etc.

martygras
Expert

Re: Going to take the plunge, just have a few questions. Tha

Post by martygras » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:31 pm

I haven't pushed it all the way yet, but I got about 6 hours during a rehearsal and I think the battery meter was still at about 20%-ish. This was using the Akai EIE (4ch) which does not charge the iPad.
I tend to turn the screen brightness down a tad for long periods when recording a rehearsal. The Griffin Studioconnect does charge the iPad though and I use that when I only need to track bass or guitar.
I must admit that I still prefer to record bass and guitar through an amp though.

I am really liking this new iPad Air. :D

edit...
Oh, and check out the interface section of the forum. There's been some chatter about the 18i8 recently.
http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... hilit=18i8
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)