Backing up Projects

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ppaul
Expert

Backing up Projects

Post by ppaul » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi all,
I'm still green at this, I want to get some sort of back up storage at some point, is it possible to back up the song as a multi-track file or just stereo? (With say the Seagate Go flex) or similar

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Backing up Projects

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:25 am

iOS has no way of backing things up to an external hard drive unfortunately. The only way to do this is to copy them to your computer first, then to external storage. With an app like iFunBox, you can copy entire Auria projects back and forth between Auria and your computer.

Rim

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:36 am

Some third party apps allow bypassing a PC and going directly to storage on an external HD.
Pogoplug allows for transfer to and from between my iPad and a HD connected to my home network router. Storage size is only limited by HD size.

Add this ability to my wish list.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:09 am

@Rim: Is it possible to incorporate similar code to that in FileBrowser or GoodReader to allow access to Network Attached Storage? Or provide an HTTP interface to Auria's 'Inbox', like several other apps do - (far more convenient than iTunes/iFunBox).

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:35 pm

It's possible, but difficult to implement, as there are so many different NAS devices out there, it's hard to be compatible with all of them. It's on my list to investigate at some point, though.

Rim