Drumagog in-app Install on Untethered iPad 3...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rusko
Expert

Drumagog in-app Install on Untethered iPad 3...

Post by Rusko » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Hey, All--

I want to purchase the Drumagog in-app for Auria, but I have some installation questions. (What made me think was the 500MB D-gog library, and how the recent free Convolution IR's required iTunes).

Is The in-app Drumagog a straight download in Auria, or is any iTunes syncing involved?

Thanks,
Nick
millionVALVE

p.s. The particulars on why I ask, for anyone interested:

My iPad 3 is running the latest iOS 7.

However...my Mac G5 tower is vintage 2006; PPC, and not Intel.

To sync iOS 7, you need iTunes 11, but the latest iTunes my PPC Mac can support is 10.6.8--which causes no end of headaches and wasted time.

Strumlord

Re: Drumagog in-app Install on Untethered iPad 3...

Post by Strumlord » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Thanks for your post in my thread. I did the install directly from within Auria without any hitches. Took less then a couple of minutes. I have not tried the plug in yet though. I'm reading up on things right now and thinking about work flow. Ironically, the whole purpose with the iPad setup was to get back to music and away from splitting atoms in the DAWS. I use Ableton and Maschine. Both are very powerful but I tend to get too caught up in software and lost from the music itself. I'm thinking/hoping that the ipad will help me focus on the music again. Don't get me wrong, I love Ableton and Maschine! I could (and have) spend all day tweaking.

Rusko
Expert

Post by Rusko » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Thanks--and you're welcome, bud.

I'm going for it, then.

I get gear-whore-y in terms of looking for apps/hardware/whatever that fit like a glove and enable the music (and art--that's my main thing).

The biggest impediments to that on the iPad, to me, are :

1) Apple's insulting, counterproductive, and paternalistic Root Denial that makes the most basic file management *almost* impossible (it feels like you're renting the device from them, rather than being the owner who shelled out 6 Franklins for it).

2) The insane variety of UI/UX paradigms and workflows.

Keep the flow going!

Nick

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:12 am

Rusko wrote:...To sync iOS 7, you need iTunes 11, but the latest iTunes my PPC Mac can support is 10.6.8--which causes no end of headaches and wasted time...
For most purposes, i-Funbox is an easier option than iTunes: http://www.i-funbox.com/ifunboxmac/