Wish list for 2014 for Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

RobB
Expert

Re: Wish list for 2014 for Auria

Post by RobB » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:55 am

thebioguy wrote:I would love to see the Bug List and Update Status sticky updated. :P
I really miss this too. I used to enjoy watching the bugs getting squashed and the progress being made.
Rim probably has good reason, but I liked it, always felt like I knew what was coming up in the next version.
It's all a mystery now.

It's probably been mentioned but a simple loop record (like cubasis) where regions/events/clips are stacked on each loop would be very useful to me.
iPad Air / 128 | iOS 7.1 | Apogee Duet | Auria 1.14 | Cubasis 1.7.2
Learning to play drums

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Yes. A lot of bug fixes and features are in the pipeline (thanks Rim). But, you have to read these posts every day to keep up.

Rim, I'm thinking about the new users (and potential new users here). It would be easier for them to get up to speed with an updated list. It's one of those "intangibles" or "non-quantifiables" that mean so much (which you guys do better than anyone I've ever seen).

Just sayin' :wink:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:03 pm

I didn't want to reveal too much, but let's just say that I'm working on a "big" update, and this is why I haven't done any posting. I think you'll be happy with it once it's out ;)

Rim

pipo79
Expert

Post by pipo79 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:10 pm

Just got through this thread and made up my mind...

1. remember the idea with the trackheader and that "one button idead" to zoom that track to make all the other buttons accessible without zooming into the whole arrangement ?

2. saveable setup templates - turning background audio on an on again or that auto input monitoring off is something that sometimes makes me curse while writing a lovesong ...

3.notepadoption would be nice to add notes for settings from other apps or anything else / so all info is collected in the most important app - Auria !

4. flexable pluginorder

5. some prefader-routing-option towards a bus or sub so one can isolate the dry from the origin signal while re-recording via audiobus using bias for example in the middle of the chain and auria in input and outputslot.

6. another video contest that i do not miss !

Cheerio - you guys are just doing a great job (probably better than my songwriting but auria is giving me a good push in the right direction "just do it - no matter where you are!" )

Philipp

triunionstation

Post by triunionstation » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Thanks for the Auto Return suggestion, Rim. What a timesaver.

I'm relatively new to Auria, so forgive me if this already exists: I'd like to be able to move takes up and down between lanes with no chance of moving them in time left and right. Maybe with a two-finger tap and hold gesture?

I realize Auria already has the magnet function when you move takes up and down, but I'd like something foolproof that absolutely prevents me from moving left or right when I'm comping takes and editing drums.

And if it's possible, I'd also like to see bluetooth keyboard support at least for transport functions. Thanks. Keep up the great work.

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:59 pm

I have what I think is a relatively simple request, and I can't believe it hasn't been brought up already. I'd like to be able to rename tracks in wave view as well. I'm still constantly double tapping tracks to bring up the rename feature that doesn't exist in that view.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:27 am

Moving regions up or down to other tracks already protects the position very well. You're guaranteed that the position won't change as long as you're within 50 pixels of where you started in the left/right axis. You can double check that this happened by simply touching each region afterwards, and looking at the info box to make sure the start position is thr same on each region (set your time mode to samples).

Renaming tracks from the edit page is difficult, as I already have another function planned for the double-tap gesture - opening the channelstrip.

Rim

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:46 am

Rim wrote:I didn't want to reveal too much, but let's just say that I'm working on a "big" update, and this is why I haven't done any posting. I think you'll be happy with it once it's out ;)

Rim
a couple of feature request came to my mind recently when I sync'ed Auria to the DAW on the computer, but I better wait for the update first before asking about them.

John Francis

Post by John Francis » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:22 am

True song position pointing capabilities with the ability to type in the song position down to the frame, as well as the beginning and end points of any events for edits, loops etc. It is a little surprising that such a powerful tool as Auria would not have such basic transport functions. Maybe I am missing something. I did just get here, but from what I can tell, the arrangement does not have the capability to scroll along with the song position either. Please help if I am wrong.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:38 am

Good ideas. Auria does already have auto scroll, though. It's in the transport menu (click on the transport to get the menu to come up).

Thanks,
Rim

John Francis

Post by John Francis » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:37 pm

Fantastic! Not sure how I missed the autoscroll, I had been toying with the markers in that area to create loops within the the three demos, already, and noticed I couldn't enter the time markers or inspect the elements in that way. It really is an amazing program and I will be looking forward to each new update. :)

John Francis

Post by John Francis » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:57 pm

If there was a separate app that allowed the iPhone to control advanced transport functions in Auria wirelessly, punching in markers etc., now that would be pretty cool! :)

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:04 pm

Rim wrote: Renaming tracks from the edit page is difficult, as I already have another function planned for the double-tap gesture - opening the channelstrip.
Do you mean the same functionality as the little FX button already does in that space?

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:42 am

John Francis wrote:If there was a separate app that allowed the iPhone to control advanced transport functions in Auria wirelessly, punching in markers etc., now that would be pretty cool! :)
I haven't tested this, but it might be possible to do this with Apollo, which is an app for doing MIDI over bluetooth.

John Francis

Post by John Francis » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:43 pm

richardyot wrote:
John Francis wrote:If there was a separate app that allowed the iPhone to control advanced transport functions in Auria wirelessly, punching in markers etc., now that would be pretty cool! :)
I haven't tested this, but it might be possible to do this with Apollo, which is an app for doing MIDI over bluetooth.
Thanks! There are several that control desktop versions of severAl DAWs wirelessly, using some protocol or another via MIDi, even Garage Band has a remote app. I have not heard anyone specifically mention using anything remote via iPhone for Auria or another Ipad DAW, though. It just seems like a natural thing to do. This would certainly solve the issue software punching in timecode, too. :)