Another midi question (sorry)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Guilleonline
Expert

Another midi question (sorry)

Post by Guilleonline » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Im debating the need for a duet or a one from apogee. The biggest advantage is the midi capability on the duet but I'm still unsure if Auria works with simple midi or not. I thought it was said early this year that midi was coming in an update and now I read a comment where it says midi is not implemented yet. So which one is it?? Is there any Midi implementation or not? I simply need Auria to recognize midi info from my mpc so that when I pass my beat tracks they come aligned into Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Another midi question (sorry)

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Auria only has midi sync implemented right now. Full midi capabilities are coming in a future version.

Rim

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Will midi sync be enough for synchronizing the play/stop from my MPC to Auria? Seems like I'm the only one using this setup and it's been impossible to get a solid answer.

Anxious

Post by Anxious » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:52 am

Rim: "Full midi capabilities are coming in a future version."

Please hurry! I was r e a l l y close to purchase Cubasis instead of Auria because of MIDI.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:51 pm

Guilleonline wrote:Will midi sync be enough for synchronizing the play/stop from my MPC to Auria? Seems like I'm the only one using this setup and it's been impossible to get a solid answer.
If Im not mistaken your MPC will respond to MMC MTC. Therefore once set up Auria will start and stop from your MPC commands. I currently do this via HUI on my Presonus Fspaderport but I can also start and stop Auria from my Axiom 49 2nd gen keyboard controller. Good luck with you set-up.

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Thanks man!!