No sound when opening projects

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Artmuzz

No sound when opening projects

Post by Artmuzz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:02 am

I really like what Auria has to offer and it's looks a very versatile app but it is becoming APITA as sometimes when I open a project there is no sound coming from my iPad. I have tried everything suggested on this forum that I have read including checking the mixer channels and solo and mute to no avail. The audio only seems to come back when it wants to. I have paid good money on this app as it looks awesome and I really enjoy creating tracks on auria but this audio problem is really putting me off. I don't know if it's an iOS 7 problem. Please advise.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: No sound when opening projects

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:23 am

There's no reason I can think of for this to happen. If it happens on a particular project, send me the project, so I can try this here. There might be something unique that's happening on your project and I'd love to see it. If you're using IAA plugins in your project, make sure to kill all your apps (including Auria) before opening a project with IAA plugins, since IAA is still pretty buggy until Apple fixes the issues.

Rim

Artmuzz

Post by Artmuzz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to figure out something myself. I opened Auria and got the silent audio problem so I set arm record on a track and the audio started working briefly until I got a CPU overload message which I shouldn't be getting as the project doesn't have much plugins. I am using the new iPad Air.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:56 am

It's not hard to get a CPU overload, since Auria lets you do some dangerous things ;) For example, if your Record Latency setting is set too low (I recommend no lower than 512). Also, your sample rate should be 44100, and 64 bit mixer should be turned off.

You can usually add lots of plugins to a project without CPU overloads, but some things to check:

1. Make sure if you're using FabFilter plugins, that the Oversampling is OFF
2. Don't use the Convolution reverb during recording. It's only available during playback.

If you have any other audio apps running in the background, make sure you kill them all, then start Auria first. This will make sure Auria is in control of the buffer size.

Rim

Artmuzz

Post by Artmuzz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:09 am

Thanks for the tips.

I really think this is a problem with Apple and iOS 7. I seem to have problems with some synth apps still being open even though they are closed and they are definitely closed because when I double tap on home button there are no apps open in the background even though I can still play them on my midi keyboard hooked up via camera connection kit. Hopefully there will be a fix sooner or later.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:18 am

That does sound like an iOS7 problem. When you close apps, make sure you close everything (including Auria), because IAA apps can get loaded into the background, and they don't show up in the task switcher when you double-tap on the home button. Only when you close the app that opened the IAAs do they actually close.

Rim

Higgy

Post by Higgy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi Rim,
I also seem to be having the no audio problem, was working on just one track & the play head kept on getting stuck at the beginning so had to move it forward abit then it would play, after half an hour Auria produced no sound.
I closed everything & even restarted my iPad, started a new project & imported the bit of audio again & still no sound.
The meter on the side of the track is showing audio, I imported something else but no luck still.
Been working with auria past 3 days on the trot with no problem.
I'm also working with the iPad air
Any advise?
Thanks

Higgy

Post by Higgy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Ok it's started to work again, I pressed S for solo & it worked, then I switched solo off & still worked.
Something is going on, could be the iPad air

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:10 pm

If anyone else has this problem with audio dropping out, please send me the project so I can look into fixing this. Send the project to my dropbox: rim at drumagog dot com Make sure to send it to me before you fix the problem, so I can see it happening.

Thanks,
Rim