BIAS IAA CPU overload on IPad Air. Please help.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

boone51
Expert

BIAS IAA CPU overload on IPad Air. Please help.

Post by boone51 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:33 pm

I have brand new iPad Air and I'm getting CPU overload messages. I didn't get them on the old iPad 2 when I did this I'm pretty sure. It cracked and popped, but I didn't get this I don't think. BIAS is in the effect slot. It's happening after a record for a minute or two. Here's the screenshot. I'm sure this is something stupid I'm doing. Please help me see the light.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/owncdpjf0hy8 ... 20PM.png?m

Jus
Expert

Re: BIAS IAA CPU overload on IPad Air. Please help.

Post by Jus » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:44 am

Hi this happens to me as well ,some sort of bug I guess

To get round it I have to set the count in to 2 bars to give me time to switch to the bias screen after pressing record (only seems to happen when in the Auria screen)

You might not need the count in on the air if it happens to you after a minute but I get the CPU thing after a few seconds on the ipad4 but doing that little trick works for me

Hope it works for you too

Would be nice if positive grid added start n stop record in bias make things a lot better 8)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:18 am

This is usually caused by setting your record latency too low in Auria's settings. Try a higher setting, like 512 or 1024.

Rim

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:11 am

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give it another try with a higher latency setting I guess. It seems like it was just a bias thing. I was able to record without bias in IAA for a long time with no problems at all. Coming through Audiobus it was fine too, but there was that latency to deal with.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:21 am

IAA is still very new technology, and there are various issues with third party apps. Some apps don't deal well with low buffer sizes, and some can't tolerate very large buffer sizes.

Rim

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi Rim yep Pretty sure it's Bias's end as tried a bigger buffer record latency when this first happened to me last week
And Amplitude works fine with the same method 8)