overloud thm? why so few users?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

vejichan
Expert

overloud thm? why so few users?

Post by vejichan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:59 pm

seems like more people are using only bias/jamup/amplitube.. even auria users..

Checkrath
Expert

Re: overloud thm? why so few users?

Post by Checkrath » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:31 am

As a person who has the overloud plugin but still rather uses jamup.. I'm quite picky when it comes to guitar tone and jamup simply sounds better than most other amp sims.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:27 am

I've owned and/or used almost every stomp box made for guitar, (I'm pretty old) and JamUp replicates the pedal effects and the ranges of the knobs really well. Since I use both real pedals and JamUp, it makes it very easy to quickly get the exact tone I want since I'm already familiar with all the pedals I've owned over the years. JamUp's effects also react in much the same way as the real stomps when the input signal varies as in blues and classic rock style.

There's no reason for me to try Overloud at this point.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

kwalker0210
Expert

Post by kwalker0210 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Purchasing a plugin that can only be used in one app didn't seem prudent. As it stands today, I can use Jamup and/or Amplitube in multiple apps, via Inter-App Audio (to a great degree) or Audiobus (to a lesser degree). I love Auria, but don't have the resources to buy Auria Only plugins.

vejichan
Expert

Post by vejichan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:44 pm

i guess i wasn't the only one. I compared overloud and one of the reasons why i got auria was for overloud.
With the release of bias the sounds is now comparable. Bias is easier and more flexible!

Stewartludwig
Expert

Post by Stewartludwig » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:03 pm

I have most every ipad guitar app but Overloud is my personal fav. I find the sounds warmer and more real to my ears.
My 2 cents ( Well 4 cents given present hidden inflation rates)

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:03 am

I bought Amplitube , jamup pro and bias before I bought Auria. I literally have every add on there is for jamup pro so I'm set ( on top of the 1 million bajillion amps you can customize in Bias) but I wish jamup pro had inter app audio like bias does, I just don't see myself buying the jamup plugin. I did notice overloud has 8 mics to choose from, that's kinda interesting.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:35 am

I really love Overloud and can't praise it enough £14 it's a steal
I also have
Jamup Pro with. Add-Ons
Bias
Ampkit+ with Add-Ons
Mobile Pod. (Line6)
Amplitude with extras

When I play Jamup & bias they just don't feel like I'm playing through a guitar amp that is cranked in a big room I can't get the notes to flow nicely but so many people rave about them so it's probably just me
I must check some more user presets that you can download out perhaps they may change my mind

Amplitude is slightly better if used with PianoVerb or a decent reverb

Ampkit & overloud have such a good feel to them when playing Feels just like I'm sound checking my amp when on a gig

The mics in overloud are great some are warm some are trebbly (sm57)

The cabs though I only use one cab. Out of them all

Oh the PSP delay used with these guitar plugs is awesome ,, Nothing can get near it for me.even timeless ,It must be put under the reverb in the channel strip though

:mrgreen:

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:32 pm

Maybe it's because Overloud is kinda late to the game. I had not heard of them till it was offered in Auria.

I've been using the Line 6 Pod since it came out years ago, so I'm used to that sound now. I've always added a convolution (IR) reverb on guitar tracks (in Reaper) to add the cab tone and then glue it in the song with a bus reverb. That has always worked for me to get a good natural sound.

For the last year my recording chain has been JamUp in the Audiobus input slot into either MT DAW or Auria. Then lots of fiddling with eq and convolution verbs.

Lately I've gone back to using the only tube amp I have. A small Kustom 12watt amp. It has a small speaker that is not ideal for recording so I'm using the external spkr out to a 2x12" open back cab. It sounds huge even though it's only 12 watts. Lots of fun using the real thing.

Now Bias comes along and I have been learning how different tubes affect tone at different stages of the signal chain. I've got a lot to learn though.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:12 pm

I am a big THM Overloud fan and I really get some nice tones from it. I mostly like the fact that I can automate in Auria any of THM's settings. I also like to use JamUp Pro plugin and standalone and I often use amps from one and effects from the other. But automation is why I lend towards THM Overloud.