Steps to prevent auria from crashing?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

vejichan
Expert

Steps to prevent auria from crashing?

Post by vejichan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:42 am

I use ipad mini 32gig. Auria is the only app I have where I am constantly looking at my CPU., afraid that it will crash any time...

What steps are u guy staking of r auria to run smoothly?

1) turn off all background apps
2) set airplane mode

So what else am I missing?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Steps to prevent auria from crashing?

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:34 am

There are two things to keep an eye on - CPU and memory. Depending on the size of your project, both of these can grow pretty large. Here are some things to check if you want to minimize resources:

1. Don't run other apps in the background unless you need to. Having a bunch of apps open can reduce both CPU and memory available to Auria. To close other apps, double-tap on the home button and close everything you see.

2. Use the largest record buffer size that's practical for what you're doing (record latency). The smaller the buffer size, the more CPU Auria will take. Of course, raising the buffer size will also increase latency, so it's a tradeoff. But if latency while recording is not an issue for you, increase the buffer size.

3. Use 44100 as your sample rate, unless you have a reason not to. This reduces CPU usage.

4. Don't use 64 bit mixer mode unless you need it.

5. Disable AUX Delay Compensation unless you need it.

6. Don't use oversampling modes in your plugins. These modes use a lot more CPU than normal.

Rim

kwalker0210
Expert

Post by kwalker0210 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:52 am

Everything Rim said, plus this:

1. Try not to keep every app you have ever purchased installed. Reports indicate that the closer the iPad gets to full storage capacity, the more it behaves like a fragmented hard drive. The creators of Alchemy Mobile suggest that you keep as much free storage as possible. So say goodbye to photos, music that is not germane to your audio project, the latest game apps for in the case you get bored, and anything else you like to keep close at hand, just in case you need it.

2. I don't know it off the top of my head, but make sure you follow the suggested order for launching apps, with Auria always being first (i think).

4. Realize that at some point in time, you will need a bigger boat.

ppaul
Expert

Post by ppaul » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:42 am

I turn the wi-fi off as well

Zippydog
Expert

Post by Zippydog » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Turn on airplane mode