Best way to transfer song from ITunes music library to Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

gjcyrus
Expert

Best way to transfer song from ITunes music library to Auria

Post by gjcyrus » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:55 am

Is Audioshare the only way to do this as it can access the music library? Or can Auria access it as well?

I'd prefer to do it directly as my limited UNtechnical knowledge thinks that the more processes the audio goes through, the more the audio loses some fidelity before Auria.

Thanks in advance

Matina25

Re: Best way to transfer song from ITunes music library to A

Post by Matina25 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:02 pm

You can try this iPad manager tool, it support transfer song from iTunes library to iPad or deleted data from iPad, hope this help.

reeta

Post by reeta » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:20 am

I stand corrected. Rim is right, if I google this I get hundreds of hits. I found one called iExplorer 3 which seems to do exactly as you mentioned. Good for me as well in case this happens to me. Both for Mac/PC. Good luck with you retrieval and thanks Rim for reminding me what Google search is for. I often respond based solely on my own experiences. iFunBox lets me see everything so that is what I use.
ccna training ccna training
Pass Any Exams with certkiller

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:42 am

the more processes the audio goes through, the more the audio loses some fidelity before Auria
This is true for analog processes, not for digital copies, which are lossless, as long as the source and destination formats (Sampling Rate, Bit Depth) are identical and the destination format is uncompressed (for example, WAV, PCM, and also the Sonoma/Intua Pasteboards)

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:06 pm

I thought the pasteboards were limited to 16bit.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Well, if your source material is 16 bit as well, then there is no loss in fidelty. Of course, if your source is 24 bit, then there is (that is what I said too -- "If source and destination formats are identical"). However, I'm still interested in seeing a double blind test where anyone can tell the difference between 16 and 24 bit audio. Has such a thing ever been done? /me googles

Hah!
... 16 bit @ 44.1kHz is indistinguishable from 24 bit @ 192kHz in a sample of over 550 listeners:

Meyer, E. Brad and David R. Moran. Audibility of a CD-Standard A/D/A Loop Inserted into a High-Resolution Audio Playback, Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, Sept. 2007, pp. 775-779.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:35 am

There's a big difference between 16 and 24 bits in terms of fidelity, especially at the low end for instruments like bass. There's a more subtle difference when you compare sample rates, for example 44.1K vs 96k.

Rim

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:36 am

So I guess when dealing with sounds that mostly consist of low frequencies, you can hear the amplitude quantization of the individual samples at low bit depths, because they're not masked by higher frequency sounds? (Sorry if i took this totally off-topic)