Weird thing happening to my effects on frozen tracks

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Ericd921
Expert

Weird thing happening to my effects on frozen tracks

Post by Ericd921 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:11 am

Hey Rim,
I'm working on a song with just over 30 tracks and something weird keeps happening to my tracks...even if they're frozen (and I freeze EVERYTHING) Auria disengages my plugins and runs raw. Even my subgroups. I encountered this problem first when I did a bounce of a horn track, then moved the bounce into the position of the original. When I got out of the loading alert and back into the mix GUI and looked at my subgroups, I noticed everything was inactivate, and upon further inspection I noticed that even my frozen tracks were running without effects. Very strange. What makes it even stranger is that I went to a previous snapshot and was able to recover, but I didn't have my bounce. So I bounced the track again, only to come out of the other side with the same dilemma. You should check into this, not sure if other users have experienced it and then thought they were crazy! I thought I was mistaken at first, but then it did it again right in my face. I'm going to save this bounce and go unfreeze everything and reactivate my plugins, then save the snapshot. Hopefully that will keep everything in check...just sucks its gonna set me back an hour :P just a heads up, brotha! Auria is still A+++ in my realm! Glad to have this blog so we can hash out the future together...keep up the great work!!!
Eric

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Weird thing happening to my effects on frozen tracks

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:09 am

OK, thanks for letting me know. But I'm a bit confused. A frozen track no longer has any effects on that track, because the effects have been printed. So I'm not sure how the effects can disappear from a frozen track. When you freeze a track, what happens is Auria performs a mixdown on just that track (including the effects on that track), then adds that mixdown to the track as a region. It then removes all your plugins for that track. When you play now, you'll hear the mixed down audio on that track (along with any effects you originally had on it). Unless I'm missing what's happening in your case.

Rim

Ericd921
Expert

Post by Ericd921 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:58 pm

I know, right? But when the tracks are frozen, you can see the "In" buttons for the plugins are lit up. But in my case, the tracks were still frozen but the "In" buttons were all inactive. Very strange, indeed. Not sure how that can happen, but it did. I haven't rechecked that song yet today...I went back through and unfroze and refroze everything with the plugins active, and then saved a snapshot...hopefully that did the trick. I'll let you know if i run into this again. Seems to me the whole problem started when I did that bounce originally...I had plugins on my subgroups, and I deactivated some but not all of them to free up CPU, did the bounce, and then noticed that none were active in the entire project.
Eric

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:45 pm

The plugins still show up in the list and the In buttons show as lit, but this is just for reference. The plugins are unloaded as soon as you freeze (because they were printed onto that track as part of the freezing process). If you can get this to happen repeatedly, please send me the project and let me know what to do to make it happen. I appreciate it!

Rim