Latency Issue with Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

donovanjaymz
Expert

Latency Issue with Auria

Post by donovanjaymz » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:58 pm

On both my ipad 4 and new iPad Air I have an annoying latency issue with Auria when using the recording monitor. Even with the Record Latency set to 128 samples (lowest option available) I can't play my keyboard into it in real-time. The delay is frustrating. Quite frankly, it feels like a whole quarter of a second off.

The thing is, I have near 0 latency when doing the exact same thing in Cubasis. How can this be? Is there some setting I can tweak in Auria so I can get near 0 latency?

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Latency Issue with Auria

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Can you explain how you're monitoring? What's your setup like?

Rim

donovanjaymz
Expert

Post by donovanjaymz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:14 am

Hi Rim. I am using a Focusrite 6i6 with a microphone in input 1 and a keyboard in inputs 3+4. I'm listening back with studio monitors and the recording monitor function turned on in Auria set to 128 samples. I'm not running any other apps in the background either. Like I said, this problem is happening on both my iPad 4 and iPad Air.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:27 am

Are your headphones plugged into the ipad or into the 6i6? Plug them in to the ipad and see if it makes a difference. If it does, it's possible that you're hearing the 6i6's own monitor circuit. Keep in mind that if you set Auria to 128 samples, this only takes effect if Auria is recording or one of the record enables is on. Otherwise, Auria goes back to it's play latency, which is 4096.

Rim

Zippydog
Expert

Post by Zippydog » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:30 pm

donovanjaymz,

I also have the Scarlett 6i6 and ipad 3. I have experienced a delay like you describe with my synth as well.
Not sure if this is the correct fix, but seemed to work for me....

Are you getting this "delay" all the time or only when record enabled?

If during record enabled and if you're monitoring through the 6i6, go into the Auria record settings (under menu) and turn Record Monitor to off. You may then have to re-start Auria (at least I did) to enable the change. This worked for me over the weekend. Interested in anybody else's take on this approach, as I'm not sure its right or not, but it seened to work for me.

Good luck and let us know how you get your challenge resolved, whatever the solve. Good to know there's anoter 6i6 user here, as I'm still climbing the learning curve.

donovanjaymz
Expert

Post by donovanjaymz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:30 pm

Ok, it turns out the the latency issue has more to do with with the 44.1K, 48K, or 96K settings. Basically, 96K slows the whole thing down to a crawl. Should that really happen on an iPad Air?