Bias Guitar App

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Jus
Expert

Re: Bias Guitar App

Post by Jus » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:05 am

Just tried Bias with my Strat

And getting some lovely clean sounds Lovely SRV ,Gilmour type sounds 8) using Bias in IAA with PianoVerb & just a little PSP delay sounds great,,,, it's just when you start cranking the distortion it goes tits up a bit sound wise

Also Recording seems more stable if you flick to the bias screen while recording set the count in to 2 bars to give me time to press record in Auria and then flick over to bias before it starts recording.

Soon as you flick back whilst recording you get the CPU message :wink:

Clocktoys

Post by Clocktoys » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:00 am

I've been getting the audio drop out issue despite freezing all other tracks. The levels still activate. I'm using an ipad 4. This is with no other IAA used. I know you can only use one instance of IAA but I'm getting drop out when only using BIAS. CPU usage is at about 35%

vejichan
Expert

Post by vejichan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:06 am

How are u using bias with piano verb in auria exactly?

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:13 am

Hi always do this order guitar plug at top reverb then delay is that what you are asking :roll: 8)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (133.67 KiB) Viewed 3952 times

vejichan
Expert

Post by vejichan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:08 pm

Is bias inapp? I bought jamup and bias separate from auria...how did u open bias in auria?

MrNezumi
Expert

Post by MrNezumi » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:08 pm

BIAS is IAA. Read the manual - page 88.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Vejchan
You have to buy Bias seperate from the App Store matey
;)

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Why not just record bias onto the track through audiobus? And you can use the bias amps in jamup, you just export it from bias. Maybe I misunderstood your post. I haven't tried IAA yet.

gjcyrus
Expert

Post by gjcyrus » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:23 pm

If you record thru audiobus, you're pretty much committing that sound to tape, sorta speak whereas if you had it inapp and/or iaa, you can change the amp/tubes/etc even AFTER you've recorded the take. Additionally, audiobus is limited to 16 bit and even Rim himself said that by recording directly thru auria inapp, you capture better quality sound (cant find the thread so if im wrong pls correct me)

My personal letdown is that you can only use bias on one track at a time due to iaa limitations as rim reminded me of that so if youre like me and need bias on multiple tracks, you'll have to bounce it to another track to make use of bias again. The simple solution would be to just make bias available via inapp so it could be used on every track. Am also curious why jamup expansion packs/add ons arent made available thru inapp. Would really open up all options. On a related note, even overloud hasnt made all their updated amps available either to my knowledge. I wish ios could get the latest and greatest instead of being afterthought. We are growing as a community