Got lost with the New interface!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Guilleonline
Expert

Got lost with the New interface!

Post by Guilleonline » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Hello everyone! I stopped using auria for 4 months and now its all changed! So i decided to re visit the manual from within Auria and it is the manual for the previous version not the actual one? The images don't even display the new button layout in the top panel.

Any help? Is there a new maunal somewehere else?

And how about MIDI. Can someone walk me on how to connect my MPC to Auria and sync them to pass tracks (2 by 2) from the MPC1000tp Auria and have them all stay in perfect timing?

I feel like an old man using a computer for the first time :mrgreen:

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Got lost with the New interface!

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:49 am

Our manual is always current. We update it every time we release an update. Maybe you're looking at some old version online? The most current one is available from within Auria by going to the Menu and selecting Auria Manual.

Rim

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Nope. I opened auria and from the menu I selected 'user guide' (I don't see/have Auria Manual)

But just scrolling down some of the pictures don't resemble the new interface. They dont have all the quick access buttons in the main screen [ cut, copy, paste A copy A paste, etc. ]

Am I doing something wrong here?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:23 pm

@Guilleonline: You're correct that many of the screenshots in the Auria User Guide are from earlier versions of Auria and don't show the Icon Toolbar of the Edit Window. However, the Icon Toolbar is fully described in Chapter 12 ("Menu Bar") and Chapter 14 ("Edit Window"). The Icon Toolbar is displayed by default but can be toggle OFF via 'Edit -> Show Icons'. If that option is unticked, the Edit Window looks just like the older screenshots in the User Guide.

The User Guide accessed via 'Menu -> User Guide' is the latest manual, appropriate to v1.14 (even though it says it's v1.13 on pg. 2 :wink: )

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Oooh got it! Sorry I am a very visual individual and instantly got deceived by the images :mrgreen:

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:26 am

Whew. Thanks for confirming I'm not going crazy. I knew I saw some older graphics in there.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:42 am

The only old graphics in the manual are in areas where it makes no difference. For example, in the editor, the icon bar can be switched off and on, so the pictures you see are the same as if the bar was turned off. If you see anything that's no longer current, please let me know and we'll get it updated.

Rim

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:56 pm

Keep the new toolbar visible. It's makes editing so much easier once you get the hang of it