Amplitude With Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Shadowfax

Amplitude With Auria

Post by Shadowfax » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:09 am

I am attempting to use the Amplitude app with Auria but there seems to be a glitch. I access Amplitude through the effects panel of Auria ( which is very convenient ) and connect my guitar via the IKMedia iRig HD. Everything works and sounds perfect while simply monitoring the throughput and the meter indicators in Auria register in the green well below any overload and during recording look and sound fine. When I play back the recording it is extremely loud, overloaded and distorted and the tone virtually screeches. I have tried lowering the input levels way,way down but with the same results. Is there a setting or two I am missing that will solve the problem possibly in Auria or Amplitude?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris M
Expert

Re: Amplitude With Auria

Post by Chris M » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Hello,

We don't have an iRig HD to test, but with other interfaces and AmpliTube we're having trouble recreating this--when you record in Auria, does the waveform look distorted?

What happens when you record using the iRig HD straight into Auria, without using the Amplitube plugin? Any distortion?

Sometimes a reinstall of Auria can fix things like this--backup anything you'd like to preserve and then delete and redownload Auria.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:08 pm

You may be lowering the fader which controls the monitoring level.
You can adjust the input gain though.

From the manual
Record Level
Auria includes a track-specific input gain adjustment for controlling record levels, separate from the audio interface’s own gain controls. To adjust the recording level on a particular track tap and hold the red record enable button until a pop-up menu appears, and then tap Record Level.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi have you tried removing amplitude after recording as the playback maybe double processing
Like your putting Amplitude into Amplitude sort of thing

Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanx guys..... after messing around a while and trying different approaches it seems that the main solution is bypassing the Amplitude effects in the Auria effects panel when playing back. Also seems necessary every once in a while to unplug the iRig HD when switching between making settings in Amplitude then switching back to Auria before reconnecting the iRig HD. Strange scenario but maybe there is another workaround.... we'll see.

Thanx again for your inputs.....

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:45 pm

That's right. Rim warned us about having to "unload" IAA nodes after recording. I keep forgetting too.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)