Beat maker 2 & IAA

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

69strat
Expert

Beat maker 2 & IAA

Post by 69strat » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Hey all, got an update for beatmaker 2 and it listed IAA support for iOS 7, which I am running. Does this mean I should be able to select it in the channel strip and be able to use it for say laying down some drum beats? I don't see it in the dropdown.
Thanks!

69strat
Expert

Re: Beat maker 2 & IAA

Post by 69strat » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Ok I get it, looks like beatmaker supports recording other IAA's but it's not able to be used by auria.
Still waiting for a legitimate way to lay down multitrack drums (so I can Drumagog). I'm surprised that none allow multitrack export. DM1 claims to but it has never worked. I know this topic has been discussed previously but has anyone come up with a reasonable way to accomplish this?

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Crap, I didn't know that DM-1 wasn't exporting to multiple tracks.
I'll have to figure that one out because I wanted to do that eventually. So far I've only exported DM-1 beats for use in Glitchbreaks.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Coopmusic247
Expert

Post by Coopmusic247 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:28 am

However, DM1 can export to multiple tracks if you want. You can also solo individual parts and record them out. Several ways of doing this. Another thing, if you are using beatmaker, why not just upgrade your samples in the first place then you won't have to change them out on drumagog, which imho is very hungry even for Auria standards. There are some great places to get samples. www.ibeatmaker.com is great and you can search for a collection of samples in wav form and those work great such as samples for use with mpc.

69strat
Expert

Post by 69strat » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:08 am

Coopmusic247 wrote:However, DM1 can export to multiple tracks if you want. You can also solo individual parts and record them out. Several ways of doing this. Another thing, if you are using beatmaker, why not just upgrade your samples in the first place then you won't have to change them out on drumagog, which imho is very hungry even for Auria standards. There are some great places to get samples. http://www.ibeatmaker.com is great and you can search for a collection of samples in wav form and those work great such as samples for use with mpc.
Every time I try to export individual tracks on the DM1 it locks up and say to contact support.
I like them as individual tracks not only for Drumagog but so I can eq, compress and mix.
Will definitely check out some new samples for beatmaker, thanks for the suggestions!

gjcyrus
Expert

Post by gjcyrus » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:49 am

Coopmusic247 wrote:However, DM1 can export to multiple tracks if you want. You can also solo individual parts and record them out. Several ways of doing this. Another thing, if you are using beatmaker, why not just upgrade your samples in the first place then you won't have to change them out on drumagog, which imho is very hungry even for Auria standards. There are some great places to get samples. http://www.ibeatmaker.com is great and you can search for a collection of samples in wav form and those work great such as samples for use with mpc.
BM2 is limited to 16 bit whereas Auria is 24 bit. although not sure what drum-a-gog samples are at.

I do agree with you that I beatmaker is great. I only discovered it last week and have been digging the new kits. On a related note, if you like layering sounds, I bought chordpolypro and you can map multiple pads from it so while bm2 can't do it, you can use cpp to accomplish it