Having trouble recording but could up till recently

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

keeogan

Having trouble recording but could up till recently

Post by keeogan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Hey guys,

Dunno if there's something going on or if this is just me being an idiot but I can't get auria to work for recording whereas up till a couple of weeks ago I could do it no problem, my mic (shure sm58) and interface (Behringer istudio) are both working fine as I can record into garageband with them. However auria isn't working. Whenever I want to record I hit "new project" name it and usually select about 4 tracks to begin with, check I'm in the correct input in the input matrix, then select a track, hit record on the mixing screen, then hit record on the top right of the screen, then hit play which used to work fine but for some reason now that won't work, can somebody please point out where I'm going wrong? It would really be appreciated as I need to do some recording tomorrow.

Thanks a lot

Alex

Zippydog
Expert

Re: Having trouble recording but could up till recently

Post by Zippydog » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:35 pm

I don't have the answer for you, but a couple of questions for you that might help someone with more knowledge than me...

- What iOs are you running? Did you recently change to 7?
- Are you getting any audio through Auria at all (monitor when not in recording mode)?
- Do you get any audio levels on the meter for your input channel before going into record mode?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:21 pm

If you're using iOS7, you need to go to your Privacy settings in your iPad's settings page, find Microphone and make sure Auria is turned on.

Rim

keeogan

Post by keeogan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:19 pm

Yes!! Thaks so much Rim your advice worked, a guess when I updated to iOS 7 it readjusted the settings, anyway thanks a lot this forum is so helpful.

Alex