Announcing the Auria Video Contest!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Announcing the Auria Video Contest!

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:47 am

We are proud to announce our $11,000 “What The #%&@ Are You Doing With Auria” video contest! We've partnered with Apogee, AKG and JBL to bring you an amazing contest. Details below:

It’s hard to believe, but it’s been just over a year since we launched Auria. So, we decided this would be a great time to give a really big THANK YOU to our loyal customers, and at the same time learn more about how Auria is being used in the real world.

So, we are announcing:

The Really Big “WHAT THE #%&@ ARE YOU DOING WITH AURIA” VIDEO CONTEST!

The focus is on you and your music or whatever else you are using Auria for. What kind of projects are you working on? How has working on the iPad changed how you work? Which plug-ins do you use most often? These are just some sample questions. We want to know what’s on YOUR mind.

So here’s the deal:

We are inviting you to show us how you are using Auria in a video up to 4 minutes long. You can focus on a project/song you are working on and the sound track of the video can include the entire song, just excerpts, or no song at all. You can focus on recording, editing, mixing, or all three. You can tell us about techniques that you have come up with to work faster or better. You can shoot it with your phone or whatever device you have. We're not looking for Hollywood quality video here - it's the content that matters! We will take all your submitted videos, pick the finalists, and post them on our contest site for the public to vote on. Submissions that have the most interesting and engaging content, in the opinion of the judges, will be moved into the final public round of voting. Oh, and by the way, in addition to the WaveMachine Labs team, we’ll be getting some help in picking the finalists from Grammy Award winning composer/producer/engineer David Kahne and legendary producer/engineer Bob Bullock. (Listing their respective credits would take up WAY too much space, but you can check them out for yourself on the web.) In this business, it never hurts to get your work in front of top pros like Bob and David.

So it’s a win-win deal. We get smarter about how people are using Auria and you get a chance to win some awesome prizes for sharing your stories with us.

“Okay”, you might be wondering, “what are the prizes!?” We did go a little crazy here, thanks to our insanely great sponsors: AKG, Apogee and JBL Pro. In fact, we went all the way to “11” – 11 thousand dollars in prizes, that is. Our first prize package alone is worth over $7,000 and is pretty much a dream system for any iOS producer. And the second and third prizes are pretty great too!

Want to know more and get in on the action? Just go to
http://review.wizehive.com/contests/auria-video-contest, get the details, and then get to work on your video!

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Announcing the Auria Video Contest!

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:38 am

I'm in. Checked it out this morning and it sounds like fun. Thanks.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:03 pm

I can't wait to see the entries. This ought to be cool.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

justinfobes

Post by justinfobes » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Just installed ios7.0.3, downloading the vid upgrade within Auria now!

Incidentally, I just shot and edited my first "Trailer" using a template within IMovie on my iPhone 5. It took a couple hours with interruptions, but was a whole lot of fun! Perhaps it ought to find its way onto YouTube...

I can't wait to see what you guys are up to!
Careful with that hammer...
The Sea Monkey Has my money...
Yes, I'm a natural Blue...

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Oh, that's right. iMovie was also updated. Coolness.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:41 pm

wow. Those are some prizes!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:32 am

Yes, and right now your chances are excellent to win one, because we only have three entries. If we didn't get any more entries, every one of them would win a prize.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:59 am

Mine will be up before the deadline date. I am currently working on some Awesome videos for Auria and the iPad Air. One is completed and online and has been well received. Making these videos is tapping into my time to finish my contest video but I will have it and zi believe many more are working on this. Oh and a sneek peek info for my next Auria videos coming in literally today or tommorow,
I have uped the anti and created a video with 8 tracks of IAA synths at the same time while using a sequencer and Recording all 8 tracks at once. Then the next one is 8 tracks with 32 plugins live not frozen and finally Auria playing back 48 tracks of stereo audio with some plugins to boot. These videos have been so much fun to produce and I hope they give enough info for everyone. And for ChrisG one of these very heavely packed videos will demonstrate the speed of the edit window. Tune in any day now. Thanks Rim for the contest and good luck to everyone entered. Cheers.
~~_/)~~~

mitchwalcott

Post by mitchwalcott » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:51 am

Hello everyone,

Is anyone else having a problem watching the videos on this page?

http://review.wizehive.com/voting/auria-video-contest

It looks like the website has locked up.

Thanks,

Mitch

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:55 am

We've seen this as well and are working with the hosting company to get it resolved.

Thanks,
Rim

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:11 pm

Rim let me ask is this one of those contests where doesnt matter how good the video is the winners will solely be decided by how many friends vote for you?!?!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:56 pm

Definitely not. We pick the finalists ourselves (and with the help of the two producers/engineers that are involved), then public voting begins on those finalists. There are a lot of safeguards in place to prevent fraud at that point.

Rim

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Excellent!

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Rim how long does it usually take for a video to show on the site after been uploaded? I uploaded about an hour ago and all it says is 'video been converted'. Just want to make sure it's going smooth and normal.

By the way thank you for this awesome contest! I had fun doing my video. My wife turned to be a good camera woman. Who knew! :mrgreen: her iphone 5 records great!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 pm

It depends on the video. It can take up to an hour sometimes. We're keeping an eye on it. If it doesn't convert by tomorrow, we'll look into it. Sometimes the site we're using doesn't like certain video formats, so that could also be an issue.

Rim