Auria 1.14 is live

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Auria 1.14 is live

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Just downloaded Auria update 1.14 which fixes fabfilter plugins. Thanks Rim and team.

Zippydog
Expert

Re: Auria 1.14 is live

Post by Zippydog » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:36 pm

Hmmm. I see the update... Doesn't seem to want to update for me.....

Ok updated.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:59 am

Really fast update this time, thanks Rim & Co. By the way, the Sugar Bytes plugs are also fixed in this version (now syncs properly with Auria, and records automation).

I did mess around with some drumloops on a track and Turnado. And I went to undo the "record automation" to wipe the whole take, but I noticed the undo list builds up quite fast when using something like Turnado. So there's ALOT of menu->press undo to get to the "undo record automation". Maybe having a history list where you can scroll and jump back to an event to undo it, and have it wipe everything above/after that event?

Edit...Er bad idea about wiping everything I guess. But still, a scrollable list, choose and undo a selected event? I dunno how Auria works here, would that only undo the initial "press W" action? Maybe a list where you can choose multiple events at a time and delete/undo them in one go would work in that case.

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:15 am

Thanks Rim,
Audio import crash are solved :-)

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:58 am

Thanks for the update.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:32 am

Yep, this update fixed some critical iOS7 crashing issues, so I was able to get an expedited review out.

ChrisG, I'll have to look at how Sugar Bytes implemented automation. There are ways around what you're seeing. I'll investigate.

Thanks,
Rim

Vorgongod
Expert

Post by Vorgongod » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:33 am

Hi guys.

When is this update coming to the UK iTunes Store?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:36 am

From our end, the update goes to all the stores simultaneously, but it's impossible to tell how long it takes for Apple's servers to update in various regions. It sometimes takes a day until the update becomes fully available everywhere.

Rim

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:05 am

I updated mine 5am this morning in the UK

Oh thanks for the effort put into Auria to all concerned 8)

Zippydog
Expert

Post by Zippydog » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:12 am

Rim wrote:Yep, this update fixed some critical iOS7 crashing issues, so I was able to get an expedited review out.

ChrisG, I'll have to look at how Sugar Bytes implemented automation. There are ways around what you're seeing. I'll investigate.

Thanks,
Rim
Question for you on this Rim...
New user, so thanks for your patience. I spent the whole day recording yesterday (iOs 7 + iPad3 64G). My first really serious use of the app. Throughout the day, I found Auria to "hang" fairly often while playing and/or recording (digitizing the audio, "skipping", etc.). If I exited and re-started Auria, it would then return to normal operation. I found myself wondering if this was "normal" and expected that it wasn't. I seemed to have plenty of memory, but noted the "hanging" got more frequent as my battery drained below 20%. Is this behavior something that I should expect less frequently given the fixes noted above? Anything more I can do to prevent or reduce this?

Thanks so much for an amazing product and for your ever-present support here, Rim! GREATLY appreciated!!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:03 am

No, that's definitely not normal. Auria should never hang or produce skipping artifacts during normal use. Some things to check:

- Make sure no other apps are running in the background. This is probably the most important. Double-tap on the home button and close everything you see in the list.
- If you are using a USB audio device, unplug it and see if the problem goes away. it could be an issue with the device or a USB hub
- Reboot your iPad. iOS7 is still new and has a few issues Apple needs to sort out. Often rebooting helps.

Rim

Zippydog
Expert

Post by Zippydog » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:24 am

Thanks, RIm. I thought my experience was not normal. I'll get back to it tonight after work. I did make sure that all background apps were not running and was working in "Airplane mode" as well to limit other draws on the iPad memory. I will try the re-boot on my iPad tonight and see what that does.

I am using a brand new Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface, which I just started using out of the box -going into the mic preamps from my keyboard straight to iPad using Apple brand camera adaptor. Possible I missed something there?

Anything else to check?

Sorry for dragging this thread off-topic & thanks again!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:09 am

Sounds like you're doing everything right. If it happens again, try unplugging the audio interface, restart Auria and see if it happens without the interface. It's possible this is an issue with the interface.

Rim

Vorgongod
Expert

Post by Vorgongod » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:37 am

Oops. Maybe I done a boo boo (again)

Here's the thing: I'm in the UK, where I downloaded Auria.

Yesterday was my birthday and my sister sent me a fifty dollar iTunes voucher .so I created a US account - and got- amongst other things sugar bytes mega cool Wow ( how could I not, having seen the things I can do with Turnado?)

Having downloaded my booty, I went back to UK store. I saw the update and thought it was Christmas!

Now the problem is that the UK store won't let me download the update because they're saying I downloaded Auria from another iTunes Store ( I'm assuming because my last in app purchase was from the US there)

Ok, so I log back in with my US identity, but I get the same message! And vice versa and over and over.....

Have I backed myself into a corner here? Is there any workaround?

Help me. Obi Rim Kenobi: you're my only hope!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:40 am

Wow, sounds like an app store mess ;) I have no idea how to solve this. I think only Apple can. I suggest giving them a call or e-mail.

Rim