Voice Synth as IAA in Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Shay
Expert

Voice Synth as IAA in Auria

Post by Shay » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm write this info so people who use VS won't get a heart attack :) due to crazy artifacts.

I just upgraded my IPAD 3 16GB to IOS7 and made some quick tests using Auria and Voice Synth via IAA.

It seems that to make it work VS should start first and Auria should start after VS loads completely.

Trying the other way (Auria->VS) cause undesired artifacts such as:
1. VS runs without audio.
2. VS Crashes into desktop.
3. Auria shows high CPU alert after loading with upside down (what the... :o ) logo !?!?!?!?
4. VS audio shutters when reopened from Auria.

VS->Aruai->IAA menu->VS works ok.
One fix for VS team (I'll send them) the Host (Auria) button doesn't reopen Auria.

Will run more IAA tests (That's the reason for upgrading after all :) )

Regards,
Shay

rkmonkey
Expert

Re: Voice Synth as IAA in Auria

Post by rkmonkey » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:04 pm

Definitely a little quirky.

Works best to open voice synth and confirm audio working before opening Auria and loading as IAA as you suggest.

THANKS!

Shay
Expert

Re: Voice Synth as IAA in Auria

Post by Shay » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi all

Here is the fast reply from André from Qneo / VoiceSynth

"Hi Shay,

Thanks for your compliments!

1. There seems to be a bug in Apple iOS7.0 that manifests itself in peculiar behaviour depending on the order in which apps are started. If you use Voice Synth as host, and select input and effect apps within Voice Synth's route panel, you may see that sometimes iOS takes 20 seconds trying to make the connection and then still fails. Voice Synth will then tell you how to "reset" iOS: just kill the input or effect app manually (double tap home button and swipe the app off your screen), and retry to connect. In your case, it would be Voice Synth that should be killed. But Auria should not go bananas, and neither should Voice Synth. We will check this out.

2. The tape button is just to control Auria's transport controls from within Voice Synth. If you want to "go" to the Auria app, open the "rout" panel and tap the Auria icon.

You may put all of the above on your forum.
Thanks,

André
Qneo"