Help, I'm really on the point of losing it

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Vorgongod
Expert

Help, I'm really on the point of losing it

Post by Vorgongod » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:32 am

I'm serious.

Here's the thing: ever since ios7 swaggered into town, nothing seems to work for me. For a start, Auria is far less responsive: I often have to press play and other functions about six times before they work. The two taps on rew to go back to the beginning absolutely never works. And almost every 5 seconds, I get the message 'compressing files' flashing momentarily on my screen. ( this is especially so since I downloaded the free plugins on Monday.)

However, the biggest problem is inter app audio. I keep losing volume - or getting no volume when I hook it up to other apps, which often don't sound... It's not as if I'm forgetting. Auria 101 stuff like having tracks record enabled. I've watched the sneak preview clip where the guy moves seamlessly through the process. Why isn't that happening me?

I'm never even sure if I'm recording or not..... I mess around with a few buttons in settings: sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The truth is that's just don't know how to make it work.

Well then, you might ask, 'Why don't you just stick with Audiobus?'

I would, but the problem is that when I try to put, for example, Nave through audiobus! it tells me that it's already linked up through inter app and to turn off at least one of them.

But I DONT KNOW HOW!!!!!!!

I'm going nuts here: I really am. Auria is the coolest DAW out there and I know it's my own stupidity that is at the root of my problems, but it really don't know how to sort them out. Can anybody out there point me in the right direction on any of the myriad problems I outline above?

Even just how settings should be?

Please?????

All help and advice gratefully received. :roll:

Shay
Expert

Re: Help, I'm really on the point of losing it

Post by Shay » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:41 am

Do you have Auria LE ?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:05 am

If you're using Auria LE, there's a bug that causes the status bar to appear at the top, and this prevents correct detection of the buttons at the top. To avoid this problem, touch slightly lower than you normally would. This has been fixed and will appear in 1.14

IAA has a myriad of bugs, some of which are ours and some of which are bugs in Apple's implementation. This is compounded by the fact that since there's no official documentation, developers are left to guess how to make certain things work. 1.14 should work much better for IAA.

I have no idea how to get Nave to work in one mode or another. That message is something they made, and it's not an Auria or iOS system message. Maybe ask the developer of Nave?

Rim

Vorgongod
Expert

Post by Vorgongod » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:30 am

Thanks Shay and Rim.

I was using LE with the upgrade, but I just deleted that and downloaded the full version. I'm so looking forward to getting it home from work and letting rip!
Btw, I bought turnado on Sunday and was having the devil' s own time getting it to work, but I just noticed that since downloading the full version it appears in the channel strip. sweet!

I'm sure I'll run into more problems tonight, but once again, I'm bowled over by the customer service you guys provide.

Btw, while I'm here, can I be cheeky and ask if the Retune plug in can be used to change the loops?

Eg, if I really like a guitar loop, but it's in A and I want if to go with a C chord, is there a way?

Thanks again guys!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:46 am

No problem, glad it worked out.

ReTune only works for vocals, so it won't work for loops. You can timestretch the loops if you want to make them fit into a certain meter. It's just a matter of using a second finger when adjusting the length handle.

Rim

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:37 pm

Ah, but Retune can be used as a character effect on things like drum tracks and such. Interesting effect for this.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)