Turnado as IAA

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MrNezumi
Expert

Turnado as IAA

Post by MrNezumi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:11 am

I hope I am missing something. I seem to be only able to use Turnado as an IAA fx and it has no xy pads. There seems to be no access to the samples/clips stored in Turnado. If so, this sucks. I would like to be given an option to use Turnado the same way it is as a free-standing app.

Edit: I had already owned Turnado before the Auria update.

ChrisG
Expert

Re: Turnado as IAA

Post by ChrisG » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:23 am

You're using the native Auria version (hence no xy pads, it's the same as the desktop versions). And why would you want the demo loops it comes with inside Auria?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:27 am

We don't make these plugins, so you'd need to contact SugarBytes for info on how to use them. Because Turnado and WOW2 are available as both IAA and native Auria plugins, you'll see them twice in the list (the blue version is the IAA).

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:29 am

Dave Magoo wrote:I guess you could use the Audiobus route and record from Auria to Auria through Turnado & Audiobus....

I like the idea of having multiple Turnados all with editable automation in Auria.
Dave, are you able to record automation on the sugar bytes plugs inside Auria? I can't do it on my iPad 2 iOS 7, using the usual press the "w" button, play, move some knobs, have the R button activated after but not getting (or seeing) any automation recorded

----

By the way, I'm only seeing the "black" native versions, no blue ones. Sorry for the confusion Mr.N :/

Edit: This is what I'm seeing...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a83ws5u39pjq4 ... .32.12.png

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:39 am

All IAAs show up blue in Auria's plugin list. If you don't see any plugins in blue, either you don't have iOS7 (iOS6 doesn't have IAA), or you don't have any plugins which support IAA on your iPad.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:39 am

Correction, apparently Turnado and WOW2 don't have IAA versions out yet.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:41 am

I'm on iOS 7.02, had the latest versions of Turnado and WOW installed before updating Auria. Maybe it's another IAA issue

Edit : missed the above, all is good again

Rim are you able to record automation with the SB plugs?

MrNezumi
Expert

Post by MrNezumi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:14 am

Oh. Turnado lacks in IAA. That explains it. I don't want to bloat Auria with Turnado demo loops; I just want to be able to quickly and easily load in my own loops from within Turnado. If/when Turnado gets an IAA update I will be able to do that.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:46 am

@Dave Magoo, what do you mean exactly? Recording in IAA is as easy as:

1. Start a new project (44100)
2. Select an IAA instrument from the list on track 1
3. Press Record, then play.
4. Switch to the IAA

or, you can switch to the IAA first, then press record and play from within the IAA's Auria transport.

When you switch back to Auria, you should have your recording.

Just make sure to follow these extra rules to avoid any IAA bugs we've discovered:

1. Don't turn off the record enable button until after you've removed the IAA
2. Before creating a new project, remove all your IAAs
3. Before deleting a track, remove any IAAs

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:04 am

I think we're talking about recording automation with the sugar bytes plugs(?). The "W" buttons doesn't turn red and doesn't record any parameters changes. It works with all the other plugs, so I guess it's an issue isolated to Wow and Turnado.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:41 am

Yes, it appears that Turnado and WOW don't support automation properly. I'll drop them and email to let them know.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:06 am

I left a message on their kvr forum and on their Facebook earlier. They seem like a bunch of great guys that really listens to what their users says, so I'm sure they'll have it fixed ASAP. Altho it has to be updated together with Auria I believe, Ugh gotta love Apple and their IAP system : (