Numerous bug on 1.130 :(

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Phil999
Expert

Re: Numerous bug on 1.130 :(

Post by Phil999 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:44 pm

I'm not sure, but I think I remember I had to wait a moment (maybe 10 or 20 seconds) until an IAA synth had a signal. Maybe this is the case for IAA effects too?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:02 pm

It looks like IK changed something in their IAA implementation, so Amplitube doesn't work with Auria at the moment.

Rim

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:19 pm

I'm getting a CPU overload message and a crash every time I use imini as IAA inside Auria. All I have to do is load it up and hit one key and it crashes every time. CPU is hovering around 5% when I load imini. iPad 2 here.

On a side note:
I have noticed that I can get around the mute issue by loading another project. That seems to reset the audio without having to close and reopen the app.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:24 pm

We've had others report this issue with iMini. I'll see if we can contact the developer to figure out what's going on.

Thanks,
Rim

RockVox
Expert

Post by RockVox » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Alchemy is not loading (IAA inside Auria).

iMini is not displaying the Auria logo (IAA inside Auria).

Opening the 'Demo Project's songs sometimes causes Auria to crash.

Purchased and installed 'Turnado' & 'WOW2' but in the 'Auria Store' they show up as not being purchased (do not say "Installed"). They do however show up in Auria's plug-in list.

Over & Out...

rkmonkey
Expert

Post by rkmonkey » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:58 pm

RockVox wrote:Alchemy is not loading (IAA inside Auria).

iMini is not displaying the Auria logo (IAA inside Auria).

Opening the 'Demo Project's songs sometimes causes Auria to crash.

Purchased and installed 'Turnado' & 'WOW2' but in the 'Auria Store' they show up as not being purchased (do not say "Installed"). They do however show up in Auria's plug-in list.

Over & Out...
Alchemy loads for me on second attempt.
The logo issue seems to be ios 7 issue because they do not show in audiobus either.

RockVox
Expert

Post by RockVox » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:27 am

rkmonkey wrote:Alchemy loads for me on second attempt.
Same here...
rkmonkey wrote:The logo issue seems to be ios 7 issue because they do not show in audiobus either.
Found it on iMini...

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:56 am

Rim wrote:There is an audio preview, but the speaker can't be seen in iOS7. It's on my list to fix. Just click the blank area next to the track selector to preview.

I haven't seen an issue where import audio crashes. Can you describe the problem?

Rim
I open new project, select import Audio, Going to my loop folder, select my loop, select the track +, select to The begin of song, import: track change name but nothing inside...

Other IAA bug: Nlog Synth Pro mute all Auria audio process.

At this time I think Auria can't be used with IAA :(

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:26 am

About IAA and Auria in general I gotta say I'm surprised at how well it works, given the fact that IAA is a half baked mess Apple rushed out in time for iOS 7. And also going by the fact that I'm holding an old rinky dinky iPad 2 in my hands, not huge DAW house computer. I did a stress test yesterday with it all, Auria as host with record buffer at 512, Arturia iSEM in the first insert slot going through a modulated FabFilter Volcano in the second insert slot, in the third I had AUFX Dub and in the fourth slot AUFX Space. So that's one big complex DAW, a really powerful software synth unit as IAA, and 3 native/IAA effects on top of that. I recorded going through a bunch of presets in iSEM, and I could probably have gotten away with another plugin had there been one more slot available. Not bad, considering I'm holding a tiny tablet (and a low spec one btw)! :D

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:29 am

@Sinapsya: OK, I thought you mentioned a crash. It's not uncommon to encounter a WAV or AIF file that can't load. Can you send me that particular WAV file? It's possible that it's corrupted, or that it's in some format that Auria can't understand. It would really help me to see this file.

I also noticed that NLog causes the audio to mute. These are early times. Since there's no standard yet (Apple hasn't released documentation), each developer writes their IAA code a little differently, and it's quite possible NLog is doing something unique which causes this. Only time will help to sort out all these things.

Rim

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:57 am

Rim wrote:@Sinapsya: OK, I thought you mentioned a crash. It's not uncommon to encounter a WAV or AIF file that can't load. Can you send me that particular WAV file? It's possible that it's corrupted, or that it's in some format that Auria can't understand. It would really help me to see this file.

I also noticed that NLog causes the audio to mute. These are early times. Since there's no standard yet (Apple hasn't released documentation), each developer writes their IAA code a little differently, and it's quite possible NLog is doing something unique which causes this. Only time will help to sort out all these things.

Rim
It's only One of my loop folder, i try your now and works....
You think I need to delete this folder?
Before this update it works....
Last edited by Sinapsya on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:12 am

We don't make our own loops, we only sell third party loops, so it's still quite possible. Which loop file was it? I'll check it out.

Thanks,
Rim

xine44
Expert

Post by xine44 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:42 am

ChrisG wrote:About IAA and Auria in general I gotta say I'm surprised at how well it works, given the fact that IAA is a half baked mess Apple rushed out in time for iOS 7. And also going by the fact that I'm holding an old rinky dinky iPad 2 in my hands, not huge DAW house computer. I did a stress test yesterday with it all, Auria as host with record buffer at 512, Arturia iSEM in the first insert slot going through a modulated FabFilter Volcano in the second insert slot, in the third I had AUFX Dub and in the fourth slot AUFX Space. So that's one big complex DAW, a really powerful software synth unit as IAA, and 3 native/IAA effects on top of that. I recorded going through a bunch of presets in iSEM, and I could probably have gotten away with another plugin had there been one more slot available. Not bad, considering I'm holding a tiny tablet (and a low spec one btw)! :D
Great, but what about the record from iaa apps in auria ? For me it's just accelerated/pitched and stuttered record, and not in tabletop or looptical apps, it's just unusable in auria !

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:48 am

Xine64

I don't know. It works fine here (as fine as can be expected on iPad 2 hardware specs). Check your record buffer settings in Auria, if on low end hardware have it at 512 or more. Before you start a session, make sure all apps are closed, always start Auria first, then subsequently open (and close!!) IAA apps as you go on. Auria is a lot more powerful and complex then Looptical and Tabletop so you need to manage your resources accordingly.

Pwcayama

Post by Pwcayama » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi there, I've also experienced some issues with the Auria update. The best one is the my CPU gets maxed out to 1125% when using iMini. I tried to do it again with a fresh restart of my iPad mini, then starting Auria and then placing iMini as an iaa thingy. I just got it to 625% and took a screen shot but am unsure how to upload the image. It's not a complaint as such just very funny. On the upside Turnado is awesome and what I've been waiting for. All that's needed is to make Auria pretty like cubasis and everyone is a winner.