Define "full MIDI implementation"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ZenLizard
Expert

Define "full MIDI implementation"

Post by ZenLizard » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:35 am

All this time I've been hearing about "full MIDI implementation" and I've never read or heard what is really meant by that, so today I decided to ask:

What will full MIDI implementation in Auria be? I'm not asking for a comprehensive list, rather a general idea.

For example, will there be a MIDI sequencer inside Auria to play back IAA and Audiobus connected apps?

Will there be a built-in piano roll editor or step sequence editor or something like that?

Will it be possible to play a compatible synth app into Auria and have Auria record the MIDI notes and data from the performance?

My sincere apologies if this has been answered already elsewhere... If someone would be so kind as to point me toward the appropriate thread(s), it would be much appreciated.
— Can you hum a few bars? —

justinfobes

Re: Define "full MIDI implementation"

Post by justinfobes » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:38 pm

iOS for me thus far has been an assemblage of apps, all with partial bits of functionality, with no app able to do what I need by itself. I've had to read and reread many many help files over the past couple years (if I can find them in the GUI) only to be disappointed time and again, again.

Auria is the best app I have. I now have purchased quite a few. It sounds the best. Is the most easy to use. Has the best forum. Has the most expandability with its plugs. And is the one I see as the future of professional music (and scoring) production. I've now gigged it live twenty or thirty times with my little red eie, with very few hassles. I will continue to use it regardless of full midi implementation, and I'm staking my professional reputation on it.

It needs at least one sequencing plugin or app that can integrate seamlessly.

There are synth apps aplenty. Drumagog rocks. Why not a simple piano roll app or vst plug to send out and save midi? How about some sort of drumpad that resides in house?

I own Cubasis for this purpose, I wish I didn't have to use it. I like Nano Studio for its ease of use in this arena, especially the TRG sampling capability and have had good results when I begin production there, but it won't save midi or send it out and the internal sounds are a bit blah, and there's no audio support. Cubasis has these features, but the effects don't sound great to my ear, and there's no automation with them. Only recently have they offered 24/96, so it still seems a bit toyish without automation.

Not so with Auria. The mix engine is supposed to be top shelf, I'm very eager to find a project that warrants the purchase of a higher fidelity interface so that I can utilize these features. I like the community on this forum, I REALLY like the quick responses from the devs. I realize how far we've come in such a blip in time, but I am weary from my quest for workarounds.

Maybe someone here already has found the answer and can point me in the right direction?
Careful with that hammer...
The Sea Monkey Has my money...
Yes, I'm a natural Blue...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:01 pm

I don't really want to go into details, as it's still a work in progress, but it'll have a sequencer and will integrate smoothly with the existing Auria features. As we get closer, I'll reveal a lot more details.

Rim

justinfobes

Post by justinfobes » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:09 pm

In the meantime I will continue my air guitar lessons until the neighbors complain.

Woohoo!
Careful with that hammer...
The Sea Monkey Has my money...
Yes, I'm a natural Blue...

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:51 pm

@ Rim – thank you, that was what I really wanted to know right now. I am happy to wait for the rest.
— Can you hum a few bars? —