If I had one whish...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

bernd

If I had one whish...

Post by bernd » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:02 am

If I had one wish ...
I would want bigger buttons for rec, play, stop, fwnd and bwnd.
It would make it much more comfortable and saver to hit the right button in a recording session.

Regards

martygras
Expert

Re: If I had one whish...

Post by martygras » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Yeah, I had to start using a stylus for some of these small button tweaks, but...

I recently got midi designer which allows you to design interfaces to your requirements. It's fairly easy to create a transport screen with large buttons for just this purpose. There are other apps that allow you to do this as well.

I don't think we are going to see any major changes to the UI at this stage though.

I would also recommend a control surface that has transport functions etc. but that takes away from the portability somewhat.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:03 pm

I don't need them all to be bigger but play/pause twice as big would be most welcome. Plus, all the way in the top right corner so you can think less. The transport menu would go to the left. I use it but I use it about an eightieth of the amount I use play! I imagine in-app analytics would suggest I'm not exaggerating!

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:12 am

martygras wrote:...I recently got midi designer which allows you to design interfaces to your requirements. It's fairly easy to create a transport screen with large buttons for just this purpose. There are other apps that allow you to do this as well...
Can anyone give detail on how to trigger Auria's transport controls outside of Auria? Is it really possible with MIDI or only with Mackie protocols (or do they use MIDI anyway?)? [apologies for the nested questions :D]

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Okay, I just tested midi designer. Created 1 button that's a "start/stop" button.
I forgot to change the settings in Auria to allow "background audio", and also under settings > midi, look for the Midi Designer and turn on MTC, at least that's what I think I hit. I'll test again later tonight.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)