Auria1.13?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Schimanski
Expert

Auria1.13?

Post by Schimanski » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:00 am

Any ideas when Auria 1.13 will be available?The bugs with knobs and meters etc. are getting annoying!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria1.13?

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:04 am

We hope to begin testing today. If no additional issues are discovered, we'll probably submit later this week.

Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:09 am

Yes, the knob bug is really bad, I have sent huge blasts of noise into my ears several times now adjusting make up gain, etc. Is there any way to expedite the review? Im not familiar with the process, but it seems like nanostudio was able to get the reverb bugfix update Through the process very quickly, and the modular app had an update out before sone people had even downloaded the Initial release. It's making it almost unusable right now, which stinks because i love using it. Either that, or is there some kind of temporary workaround?
Thanks for your work Rim, hopefully this can get sorted out quickly.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:14 am

The workaround is very easy:

1. Touch the knob
2. While your finger is still touching the knob, move your finger far away from the knob
3. You can now use the entire iPad screen to adjust that knob. Make sure you keep your finger on the screen - don't release it until you're done adjusting.

Circular knobs are a way to get really good precision. The kind of precision that's not possible with linear knob mode.

Apple only grants a limited number of expedited reviews, and they are limited to serious crashing bugs. For example, where the app won't open at all without crashed, etc.

Rim

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Rim wrote:The workaround is very easy:

1. Touch the knob
2. While your finger is still touching the knob, move your finger far away from the knob
3. You can now use the entire iPad screen to adjust that knob. Make sure you keep your finger on the screen - don't release it until you're done adjusting.

Circular knobs are a way to get really good precision. The kind of precision that's not possible with linear knob mode.

Apple only grants a limited number of expedited reviews, and they are limited to serious crashing bugs. For example, where the app won't open at all without crashed, etc.

Rim
I have done this and am totally used to it already. Works better for me now on rotary.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:33 pm

mrufino1 wrote:Yes, the knob bug is really bad, I have sent huge blasts of noise into my ears several times now adjusting make up gain, etc. Is there any way to expedite the review? Im not familiar with the process, but it seems like nanostudio was able to get the reverb bugfix update Through the process very quickly, and the modular app had an update out before sone people had even downloaded the Initial release. It's making it almost unusable right now, which stinks because i love using it. Either that, or is there some kind of temporary workaround?
Thanks for your work Rim, hopefully this can get sorted out quickly.
Hey man, I still got my old Tascam 4-track if ya wanna borrow it till the update. I might even have some cassettes laying around here somewhere. :wink: Oh, and it's analog too. Yeah!

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:58 pm

I will try that (the gesture, not the 4 track). Thanks! Maybe it will be better for me if its more precise, who knows?

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:10 pm

I don't know if you've ever had to record on one of those 4-tracks, but the noise floor is just below the ceiling. :o

Good luck man.

pipo79
Expert

Post by pipo79 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Almost killed the PA system @ my drmmers rehearsal room - because of this

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:44 pm

If you follow the above instruction, it's easy to get precise control of the knobs. Most plugins used to use this scheme, and it's great for adjusting rotary knobs.

The mistake most people make when first trying to use a circular mode is they try to adjust the knob right above the actual knob graphic. If you forget about this and treat the entire surface of the screen as your "knob", you'll see how easy it is to use.

Rim

Spud
Expert

Post by Spud » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:04 pm

I think the rotary knob setting is way too jumpy Rim. I realise the bug will be fixed, but could this mode work better if you are forced to cross the current position of the knob with your gesture before it will move, possibly with a larger flyout guide graphic like in the Thor synth? Just a thought. I've been deafened by it too many times now!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm not sure I'm following. If you touch the knob, then while still touching, you move your finger away from the knob, you basically have the whole screen at your disposal. It's best to move the channelstrip or plugin window, so that the knob you want to adjust is close to the middle of the screen. This way you have plenty of room to adjust the knob.

In any case, this is getting fixed in 1.13

Rim

Spud
Expert

Post by Spud » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:59 pm

If a knob is set at zero, and you touch it in the middle then accidentally move your finger a tiny bit upward it jumps to the 12 o'clock position. Just suggesting there might be a more intuitive and controllable way to implement the rotary mode that eliminates this problem. Cheers :-)

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:09 pm

martygras wrote:I don't know if you've ever had to record on one of those 4-tracks, but the noise floor is just below the ceiling. :o

Good luck man.
Many 4 track recordings in my lifetime! The tech we have now never ceases to amaze me.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Since we're on the subject of noise blasts. I know Reaper has a setting to mute audio when level goes above a certain dB set by the user. I think it's only on the master outputs.
Does anyone else think this is a good idea?